23. Petty Fights

Jessie's POV

The next morning, I woke up by myself. It took me a minute to actually get up and search the house. To my relief, Zayn was in the living room.

"Hey." He looked up from what he was doing.

"Hi."

"What're you up to?"

"Nothing you'd like me doing." I frowned, walking over to him.

"Are the kids still in bed?"

"No, I dropped them off." I nodded, "Is it only that one scar?"

"Yeah.." I sighed.

"Do you have any? From him?" I looked down, nodding.

"I don't wanna talk about this, Zayn. I need you to control your anger."

"I am, I just want to know."

"Well I'm at least glad you didn't go out on a manhunt."

"I won't have to, you could just bring me to Payton's."

"Zayn, no."

"Why not?"

"I wanted to relax and let things go back to normal before I told you all this stuff! I just want things to be simple right now."

"Why not just get all the bad stuff out the way?" I shrugged with a sigh. "Yeah."

"Fine, Zayn. B-But don't cause a scene."

"No promises." He rubbed my arm. "Now, have you just woken up?"

"Yeah.."

"Well go get on washed up and dressed, I'll be making breakfast."

"You? Making breakfast?" I chuckled, walking over to him.

"Yeah!"

"I don't think so." I laughed when he gasped, hugging my neck.

"And why not?"

"I make breakfast."

"You make my beautiful babies, I repay you by being the man of your dreams."

"The man of my dreams doesn't have to take over my roles as a mummy."

"Hm, yes mum." He chuckled, dipping his head down. Our lips rolled painfully slow, his hands rubbing my waist.

"Zayn?" He looked down at me. "What do you want for breakfast?

"Nothing specific. Anything with eggs, maybe." I nodded, smacking his bum before walking off to the kitchen.

"That wasn't nice."

"It was an inviting gesture."

"Inviting me where?"

"To watch me make breakfast." I giggled, "Sit on the stool." I took out the pan from the lower cabinets, standing on my toes to get the cooking spray.

"Nah, I'm good here." He snuck his arms around my waist, pecking my neck.

"I'm gonna need to move around the kitchen to get my stuff."

"I'll do it." Zayn quickly went to the fridge and got some eggs.

After I finished the eggs, Zayn and I made them into our own sandwiches and sat at the dinner table.

"You think we could get our apartment back?" I nearly choked on my sandwich, finally swallowing it down when he smacked my back.

"Seriously?"