25. A Love Brawl

Zayn's POV

"No, Mumma!! I don't want you to leave!" Bentley linked himself to her leg.

"I have to go, bubba. It's my first day of work."

"No work!" He fought, making her laugh.

"Hey, you and Daddy can come pick me up later if you want."

"No!" He whined, "Stay home!" Lydia sat on my hip, just watching Bentley have a meltdown.

"Bents, let go-"

"Please don't go, Mumma!"

"I have to!" She pried him off her leg, grabbing his shoulders as she kneeled down. "I'll be back, baby, I promise. Just... count to one thousand."

"What's that?"

"Daddy will teach you, and by the time you learn how to count to one thousand, I'll be home."

"Jess, that is cruelty-" She stood to her feet, pecking my lips.

"Be daddy, not Vin Diesel daddy, alright? A-And make sure Lydia takes her medicine and they both take their naps-"

"I know babe, I'll be good." She grinned, pecking my lips again.

"I love you."

"I love you, too." I sighed as she walked out the door.

Jessie had gotten a job at a daycare as one of the teachers. It just so happened that they're also open on Saturdays, which I think is stupid.

The kids just seemed to wander around, but Bentley looked sad as he watched Lydia play with her toys.

"What's wrong, Bents?"

"I have no one to play with.."

"You don't want to play with Daddy?" He looked up at me with a pout. "I'll play with you, buddy. What do you want to play, buddy?"

"Well, me and Mumma play race cars.."

"You want to play with race cars?" He shrugged. "I have a better idea. It's a really fun game me and Mumm played. Let's go outside."

"What about Lyd?"

"She won't wanna play it.." He frowned. "What Bents.."

"She'll be lonely.. I'll stay with Lydia, Daddy." I sighed as he walked over to his sister. What am I supposed to do if they don't want to fucking play? Maybe I should call Harry to help me, he knows how they are. Or maybe Lola, she doesn't work today and she babysits.

"Daddy, can you make french fries?" Bentley asked as he stared at his cars in his hands.

"How do you make french fries?"

"Mumma does it."

"But I'm Daddy, buddy." He grumbled of disapproval. I chuckled a bit, my son was funny. "How about chicken nuggets? Do we have that?"

"Me and Lydia ate them all."

"And Mummy let you?" His face turned red, looking to his sister. "Sneaky, sneaky boy!" Bentley burst with laughter. "Don't worry, I won't tell Mummy."

"Good." I narrowed my eyebrows at him, that sly little boy.

Lydia was so quiet, she didn't talk unless someone addressed her. I watched her play with her dolls, she didn't even speak their voices.

"Lydiaaa." I slurred, her attention turning to me. "Come sit with me." She giggled and quickly stood, rushing into my arms as I hugged her tightly. My sweet little girl.