50. A Day Spent In

Jessie's POV

Jessie was leaned up against me sleeping as well as Lydia, curled up in my chest. I was on the verge of dozing off but every time I closed my eyes, I grew paranoid. I couldn't let anybody else get to my girls. No one would hurt them anymore.

Of course, I was growing extremely tired. I decided to just close my eyes but I jolted up when I heard footsteps. It was just the nurse.

"Sorry if I startled you." She chuckled, "Just checking on some things really quick." I nodded, looking down at Lydia. "Is she your first born?"

"She's my first girl, but not first born. My first is a boy, he's 5." She nodded as she read some machines.

"I have three boys, not fun."

"You deal with them anyways though." I grinned.

"Exactly." She grinned, before exitting the room.

Lydia groaned in her sleep before silencing. I kissed her head, rubbing her back. I looked to Jessie then, seeing her eyebrows furrowed as she looked up at me.

"What?"

"You scared me when you jumped." She responded groggily.

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"It's whatever, what time is it?"

"Don't think it matters."

"That doesn't answer my question." I looked up at the clock.

"Almost one." Jessie sighed, lifting her head from my shoulder. "You alright?"

"I just wanna go home.." He whimpered with a sniffle, "But every time I go home, bad things happen." I frowned, wiping a tear that dared to escape her eye. "We're so young, Zayn. What were we thinking?" I narrowed my eyebrows.

"Babe, you know love is all we need a-and we're gonna get married soon! A-And the business, we're going to become so wealthy-"

"I jumped right into parenthood after being kept in captivity for six years of my life. Before that, I was a foster child. I didn't live the life you did, I'm not as smart o-or socially aware. I can't even keep a job for more than a week." She sniffled.

"What are you saying, Jess?"

"I love our kids, Zayn. I love them so much, but we've had all these kids in such a short amount of time and it's stressful-"

"Jess, being a mom is a job, an amazing job. You're really good at it as well." Her jaw clenched, looking up at me, "I'm not lying to you, Jessica."

"It's not that, I just don't know how to explain this without sounding ungrateful."

"Can we talk about it later?"

"I guess." I sighed, pecking her head before she laid it against my shoulder. "After we discharge Lydia, I was thinking we could go look at those houses."

"I didn't think you were serious.."

"It was a surprise, I was gonna set up a nice dinner and tell you, but I just wanted you to feel reassured."

"I wish it made me feel better, really."

"Well Bents told me a really big secret Harry and Cynthia are keeping from us."

"Like what?"

"Cynthia is pregnant."

"My gosh, really?" She gasped, covering her mouth. "My best friend is having a baby!" She squeaked, making me laugh. "When?"