48. Easing End

Jessie's POV

"You can't stay mad at me forever, babe." I glared at Jakob. He had chained me to the leg of his bed. I just sat against the headboard hugging my legs, "It's just a precaution."

"Precaution? There's no way you're getting out of here. Are you gonna wait until they get tired and leave? Because they won't! They won't leave me here with you! You're crazy!"

"Does it hurt to try?" He sighed.

"Actually hurts a lot, the trauma you put me through. I've lost two kids already and you led me to believe I lost a third, but stealing her away. I lost a sense of security. Not even Zayn makes me feel safe-"

"Because he can't, only I can!"

"No, not you either! You're the one causing me this hurt! Do you ever listen to anything I say?"

"It's not what I'm worried about."

"You're a selfish bastard." I shook my head, looking to the window, "My baby girl is in that basement all by herself-"

"She has the rats." My eyes widened.

"They carry diseases, she's already asthmatic and mildly epileptic!!" I shouted, "Get her out of there!!"

"She's fine." I pulled on the chain multiple times, Jakob just shaking his head. "They're never gonna let us be together."

"I don't wanna be with you!"

"They've made you think that." He sighed, going to his shelf and pulling out a pistol.

"Wh-What are you doing?"

"They won't let us be together here, but we can in another place."

"Jakob, no-" I whimpered, "I have a family, my little kids-"

"They'll be fine."

"No, they need me-" He pressed it to my forehead. "Oh my god." I spoke breathlessly, "Please Jakob, I don't wanna do this."

"We have to, Jessica!"

"No, I can't." I cried. I jumped at the loud boom in the room, but it wasn't from the gun. The door had just been kicked down.

"Drop your weapon and step away from the girl!"

"Wha- We're not done!"

"Don't do it, Jakob!!"

"It's easier this way," He breathed, "I love you Jessica." Again I jumped, the sound of a gun actually going off, Jakob fell into my lap, groaning.

"You shot me!" He cried out.

"Medic to the second floor." I was in shock, watching as they snatched the pistol from his grasp and unlocked the chain on my wrist. I clinged onto one officer as he carried me off the bed.

"No, Jess!! Don't leave me!!"

"M-My daughter is in the basement, w-with rats."

"Fellas, basement!"

"I can walk, thank you." I sniffled as the officer placed me on my feet. I was handed a blanket when we walked outside.

"Jessie!" Zayn scrambled from his spot on the grass, he had been staring up at the room I was held in this whole time.

He pulled me into his embrace, kissing my head as I clung to him. I was shaking immensely.

"I'm so glad you're okay!" He breathed, "Where's Lydia?"

"They're getting her." I sniffled.

"They're getting her? Where is she?!"

"Sleeping in the basement, with rats! She's slept with rats!" I gripped at his torso, "Rats!"