18. Baby Boy

Jessie's POV

Zayn kissed my head as we lay on the couch, constantly running his hand over my spine. This was soothing, it was my first state of pure sanity after a long while.

"We should take the kids out today, since tomorrow, Lydia has a doctor's appointment."

"What happened to Lydia that made her have breathing problems?"

"She was a little over a month early. Her lungs weren't fully developed. D-Did Harry tell you anything about that day?"

"Nope, just the fact that Liam fainted." He chuckled as I twisted a part of his shirt in my fingers.

"Yeah.." Zayn pecked my forehead. "My dad passed away only two weeks after she was born. He had cancer."

"What?"

"I found out the day you left, I was so confused. I'm okay now though." I shrugged.

"I'm sorry babe."

"How was it at the... camp thing?"

"At first it was hell. Waking up by the sound of an annoying ass horn and being forced out of bed was a sit ton to get used to. I was so used to you poking my face and kissing me until I was in full consciousness."

"Did anyone try picking on you?"

"Nah, they knew my sentencing before they came and didn't want to mess with me. Everyone just saw me as the guy who 'vigorously murdered' a heartless bastard."

"You saved me.." I frowned, "Zayn, you can't leave me again."

"I won't leave, baby, I promise:" He lifted my chin, kissing my lips softly. Zayn cupped my face, grinning a little as he looked down into my eyes. I couldn't help but blush, tilting my head up to peck his lips again.

"I was so scared that you'd come home and you would have lost feelings for me."

"I can't even see myself falling out of love with you, honestly. It's just hard to picture."

"I don't want to be with anyone else."

"I don't want you with anyone else either." I burst with laughter, "Jessie, I'm serious." He was laughing anyways, continuing to kiss my face until the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it." I hopped off the couch and scurried to the door, swinging it open. "Oh, hi Nicky!"

"H-Hey Jess. How are you?"

"I'm great."

"Great?"

"Yeah, it's weird hearing that coming out my mouth now, huh?"

"Very.. Wow, I'm glad you're doing great then." I nodded, watching as he rubbed the back of his neck. "After all, it felt like only yesterday you were breaking-" I smacked my hand on his lips.

"Shh!"

"Ouch, what was that for?!"

"Jess?" Zayn walked up behind me. "Who's this?"

"I'm Nicky." He grinned before I could answer. "I helped Jess watch your kids."

"Oh, thanks man."

"Nicky, what-"

"Come inside!" My eyes widened at Zayn, watching as Nicky just strolled in. "Ate breakfast yet?"

"Yeah, had a bagel on the way." Zayn nodded.

"How were my kids while I was gone?"

"They were fine, Lydia's a sweet little girl, Bentley's a little rowdy but he's fun to talk to sometimes. He's a smart kid." Zayn smiled, looking over to me. I was clawing at the counter when he turned around, relaxing my hand in a nonchalant way.