45. A Little Break

*Warning: Smut! (finally, lol)*

Jessie's POV

"Mummy.." I squinted as I woke up to Bentley beside my bed, poking at my cheek.

"What is it?"

"I can't sleep."

"How long have you been awake, bubba?"

"I don't know."

"Come on." Bentley crawled into bed, nestling between Zayn and I. Zayn seemed to settle his tense sleeping state. He softened and wrapped his arm around us, making Bentley groan, then he chuckled. "Ugh, you're awake?"

"I made him ask you if he can sleep here." I sighed, rubbing Bentley's cheek. He grinned up at me.

"You can sleep nicely now, Bents."

"Not yet." He nestled himself into my arms, fitting himself into my torso, "Now I can." Zayn chuckled and kissed his head.

"Night, bubba." He spoke groggily before pressing his forehead to mine.

"You need to get back to sleep, too." I whispered. But one of the babies began crying.

"That'll have to wait, I got it." He pecked my lips before getting up and walking to the kids room. I went right back to sleep.

In the morning, Zayn got Bentley and I out of bed. This had become a routine over the past month. Bentley coming into our room and Zayn taking the roll of being the house alarm. He even made breakfast most of the time, it's like we switched jobs.

"Daddy, after school, can we go buy toys?"

"Why?"

"Um, sharing day is coming."

"Why don't you share your sports cars?"

"I don't like my toys very much.."

"Wh-"

"It's fine, Zayn. We'll get him new toys." I knew exactly why he wanted them. He barely touched his because they were all in a basket with Lydia's. He didn't like going near her things not knowing if she'd want him to or not.

"You got your lunch box?" Bentley gasped and rushed into the kitchen. I chuckled before the doorbell rang. I went to get it, opening it to see Lola. "Oh, hi."

"Hey Jess."

"What brings you here?"

"I just wanted to see if you're doing okay, and I miss Bentley."

"We're getting better, Zayn and I, slowly but surely." She opened her mouth to talk but instead just hugged me. I was taken back a bit, but hugged her back anyways. "I missed you, we hardly ever call you to babysit anymore."

"I've been busy anyways, it's totally fine." She grinned as she pulled away. "I'm just glad you're okay."

"Are you okay?" I chuckled.

"Oh yeah, dealing with some things but I'm all good. You know, Nicky and that stuff.." I sighed.

"Yeah.. Well, do you wanna come in?"

"No, I was just wondering.. If you need anything, I'm here. I know I haven't been as close as I hoped, but I promise you my support whenever you need it."

"Thank you." I grinned before bidding her goodbye.

"Who was that?"

"Just Lola." He nodded, lifting Bentley with a groan.

"I think I'll just drop him off, babe." Zayn grinned at his son.

"I can-"

"No, I insist, really."