The Power of Ultra Instinct

Deku POV

Silence.

Everything was in complete silence.

I'm not even joking, the air completely stopped moving!

I had no idea what to say. No idea what to do! This power was so different, yet familiar. So confusing, yet understandable.

Ah geez now I'm just confusing myself!

Maybe this is a dream! Yes, that has to be it! But where are the evil katsudon? They always show up in my dreams. Then I blast them away and go to the beach with Ochako! After I eat them of course. They always taste so delicious and then I pretend to give some to Ochako and then eat it right in front of her face and- wait, what was I talking about again? I thought.

I shook my head and looked up to face Ochako once again.

I could see it in her eyes.

She was very different from before. Not just from a couple minutes ago, but also from the Sports Festival as well.

She pulled a stunt like this before at the Festival, but this was completely different.

Her aura, her eyes, even the power felt throughout the arena seemed green; underdeveloped and untrained.

Like a child trying to ride their parent's bike when they can't even reach the seat.

She was stepping into unknown territory.

That much was completely obvious. It took all her strength to stand, and even more to fight. She was completely unprepared.

However, this was different.

She didn't look in pain, she didn't look like anything! Her face was as blank as my losing record!

The way that pink heat flowed around her so gracefully was captivating.

She looked hot!

Both figuratively and quite literally. But I put those thoughts away for now.

"So uh, nice weather we're having?"

Silence.

"You look great?"

Silence.

"You wanna get mochi after this?"

Silence. But her eyebrows moved at least a millimeter up and she started to drool, even through her closed mouth. However, the drool quickly evaporated before it could even be visible to the regular human eye.

"Nevermind. I want katsudon."

Her face immediately went back to normal, but this time she looked more annoyed then anything else. Then the craziest thing happened.

The air sucker punched me!!

I'm not even joking! I took a couple steps back from the force of the air. Then the air picked up and started blowing against me!

Was she doing this?

No. She wasn't.

"Ah! Heck are you doing, air!? I thought we were friends!" I yelled out into the air as I covered myself with an 'x' formation of my arms.

The air only blew harder.

"Ah screw you air!! Just because I need you to survive doesn't mean I owe you an apology! I don't owe you anything!" I shouted.

I face palmed myself as I sighed frustratedly.

What was I even saying? I'm talking to air.