Healing

Tina watched Newt scamper down the stairs more than slightly confused. Everything in her life has been uprooted watching her Queenie walk through those flames and now she was stood on a chilly landing in London watching the oddly handsome man that had become a large part of her confusion hurry down the stairs after vaguely gesturing to his bedroom! After a quick goodnight, Jacob and Theseus went to their separate rooms, leaving Tina alone. Trying to find something else to focus on her eyes kept wandering down the stairs. As much as she felt like she should be she wasn't tired at all, her mind still reeling from the days' events so slowly she followed the curious man's footsteps down the stairs and through to the second door.

She pushed open the door to be confronted with suspended stone steps leading down to what could quite possibly be the most beautiful thing she had ever seen. The basement expanded for what looked like acres and was full of various habitats stretching from deserts and mountains to frozen tundras and seas. At the centre of it all was a small cabin-like structure with several windows and a large door, obviously so that some of the bigger creatures could be catered for. Out of the windows in the basement, the backdrop looked suspiciously like the Hogwarts landscape. Tina could see Newts case resting on the floor but couldn't see Newt. That was until his head popped out of the case with several Nifflers resting on top of it. Biting back a smile she watched as he summoned a necklace and threw the niffler family into what looked like a nest of shining jewellery.

He then approached a large expanse of water and took off his coat before diving in. Waiting with bated breath she ran up to the indoor lake to try and spot where he had sunk to. Suddenly a mass of kelp burst out of the water knocking her backwards with Newt riding on top of it. Pulling herself up she watched him apply some ointment to the horselike shape and stroke its ears affectionately. Drawing her eyes back to Newt she tried to suppress the blush spreading across her cheeks at the sight of him. He had discarded his coat and waistcoat leaving just the thin fabric of his shirt which was now practically see-through. He was surprisingly muscular but Tina audibly gasped at the sight of his scars. It was like a twisted patchwork interspersed with freckles and it was like nothing she'd ever seen before.
"Tina?" A voice laced with discomfort asked cautiously. Snapping out of her reverie she blushed when she realised she had been staring at his chest.
"Is it okay if I help you? I-I'm not ready to sleep just yet"
"Um sure" Newt replied smiling shyly through his fringe "I'm just checking that everyone's okay, I'll unpack more later but there was some of them who can be a little different so I forbade Bunty from touching them" Newt continued as he hopped off the Kelpie still blushing and dried himself off. Newt summoned his outer layers and threw them through the open door of his cabin before gesturing towards a grassy paddock below a false moon. He strode up confidently rattling a bucket of pellets and whistled, attracting a herd of pearlescent creatures.

Newt hopped over the paddocks fence and shyly offered his hand for her to do the same. Tina hopped over the fence and landed on the oddly damp grass below.
"These are moon calves. They are traditionally nocturnal so they were the reason I added a false sun and moon cycle. Curious creatures really but they have a habit of licking anything and everything often resulting in these bubbles" He pointed to the multiple floating spheres sounding more confident than he had been since they met again in Paris. Newt began to toss sparkling food pellets at the herd and Tina found herself content to just listen as he rambled about how he got them. After reaching the end of the story he turned round to see Tina looking at him with a far off look in her eyes.
"S-Sorry I suspect you don't want to hear about that"
"Oh! Oh no Newt I do. Really I do" In reality, she found his voice quite soothing so the sudden change in tone shook her out of her thoughts and she was desperately trying to reassure him.
"I-I just find your voice soothing"
"I cannot believe I just said that"
"Oh, Teenie at least one of ya finally took a step" Came a voice in her head that sounded far too much like her sister.
"Y-You do? Most people find it tedious. Especially when I talk about my creatures" Newt stammered In response with a pink blush rising to his freckled cheeks. Tina just nodded and watched as he swished his wand causing his coat to fly towards him. He reached into one of its pockets and produced a brown paper package.
"Here," he handed it to her and watched her nervously as she gently opened the package. Tina looked down to see a blue leather-bound book with the title 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' etched in gold
"Newt-"
"It's the first printed copy. I wanted to give it to you in person like I promised but I was only on travel ban hearing two when it was printed." Wordlessly Tina flipped the book open and on the first page, in Newts classic green ink were the words
For Tina
A truly fantastic and rare creature
I hope you enjoy learning about all the creatures I have researched
Love
Newt
Tina looked up at Newts nervous smile and could see tears clouding her vision. After the emotions of today Newts kind words were the final straws for she launched herself towards him and wrapped him in a hug. She felt him stiffen at the contact but he then sank into it, tentatively removing his arms from his side and wrapping them around her. A small part of Tina's brain was trying to stop her. She hadn't cried in front of anyone except Queenie for years and even that was a rare occurrence but the warmth of Newts arms and his unique scent that smelt like just after it rained mixed with straw and musk made her feel so safe that she didn't want to listen to the nagging voice.