Prologue

Note: This prologue has more narration before we start the chapter 1. Its a change of the one month memories they had during time travel thing.

*_____________*

One year after the incident in Guanyin temple...

The astronomical clock was supposed to turn clockwise but just after the last piece of Huiyi was played, the rotation changed counterclockwise. It moved so fast, even the movement of all living things suddenly became too fast. It turned back time. It all came back just before they met Lan Xian. The rotation stopped there but the it looked like was playing the clock because it rotated clockwise again with very fast speed until all the memories during the time travel had been erased and new memories has been placed.

Before Lan Xian's appearance...

The group of cultivators just finished their night hunting in the mountain near Qinghe. Their seniors, Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian, had decided to find an inn to rest for the night before travelling back to Gusu. As usual, the seniors had to stay at the second floor while the juniors had to stay in the first floor. Since their seniors already went upstairs, everyone had talked about their new experiences and their admiration towards Wei Wuxian. They keep on repeating on how genius he was as a cultivator.

Morning came, they started travelling back to Gusu by land. It took them five days before they finally reached Caiyi Town. In that past five days, they were able to exorcise some disturbances made by fierce corpses or ghouls in other villages they passed by.

Jin Ling, who joined them with few Jin Sect disciples, was somehow happy that he's able to prove his worth. He was really looking forward on joining more night hunting with them especially, even though he doesn't want to admit it, he developed some kind of bond with the head disciple of Lan Sect, Sizhui and the rest of Lan disciples.

After spending some time in Caiyi Town, the Lan Sect and Jin sect parted their ways as the latter will have to begin travelling back towards Lanling.

In the next few days, classes started in Cloud Recesses. Lan Wangji have been busy with sect matters since his brother has been in seclusion. Wei Wuxian sometimes go out and teased the disciples. Go night hunting and taught them new lesson that sometimes, they couldn't helped but to take note of it.

In the next few days, Sizhui and Jingyi invited Jin Ling on a night hunting. Since it was just the second quarter of the year, Jin Ling went and joined them alone without his Uncle's knowledge. After the night hunting, they all ended up spending the night in Caiyi town due to the festival that was being celebrated. With Wei Wuxian's helped, Lan Wangji agreed to let them roam and play.

Jin Ling played an archery with Jingyi and the two competed like a child, bickering until they both insulted each other to their satisfaction. Sizhui just slammed his face with his hand. 'This two was really a headache.' He told himself. Not understanding what the two really wanted to happen.

"I won!"

"Hmp!" Jingyi walked towards Sizhui. "Stay here. I'll just buy some food over there." He pointed the stall on the other side. Sizhui nodded at him.

When Jingyi left, Sizhui turned to Jin Ling who was currently receiving his prize. "Congratulations, Sect Leader Jin." Sizhui greeted him.

Jin Ling looked at him with questioning look. "I'm not in my sect. Don't call me that."

Sizhui smiled at him. "Okay."

Jin Ling looked at the prize on hand. It was a dog made out of jade. He glanced at Sizhui who was smiling at him then shove the prize he just won to him. Sizhui was quite surprise at what Jin Ling did but he made sure to support it in his mind so it won't fall and break.

"Keep it."

"Huh? Ah but–"

"Its yours now."

"O-Okay. Thank you, Young Master Jin." Sizhui said but the sect leader ran to other stall and played another game. He find Jingyi and saw him bumped into a man with basket of herbs at his back.

When Jingyi came back, he smirked at the jade Sizhui was handling. Sizhui put it inside his qiankun pouch and followed Jingyi who went towards Jin Ling. The latter won another game and received a blue tassel. Jingyi turned his back and pretended that he was busy munching his food. In few minutes, he faced Sizhui and shook his head when he saw the blue tassel on his hand. He wanted to teased his friend but Sizhui doesn't even know why Jin Ling kept on giving him the prizes he won. But since he saw that Jin Ling was having fun, he smiled and just let him do what he wants.

The next day, they all went back to their own sect. One doing his duty as sect leader while the other one, attending their classes or training.

In the next, a conference will be held in QingheNie Sect. Lan Sizhui, as a head disciple, was asked to accompany their sect leader, Lan Xichen. All the sect leader will be there so Sizhui will soon meet Jin Ling again.