C17 - Lanling

The hall where filled with noise from the chattering of sect leaders coming from small sects. Nie Huasiang was fanning himself while chatting with Jiang Cheng.

"Jiang-xiong, I can see your nephew getting hype up."

"Huh!" Jiang Cheng huffed. "You sure notice a lot, Nie-xiong."

"Of course."

Jiang Cheng felt that he could ask Nie Huasiang for suppport. "Say, I want to test my nephew."

Nie Huasiang raised his brows. "Let's hear it."

"I want to propose to let Lanling handle the tournament."

Nie Huasiang smiled excitingly. "Well, why not?"

Lan Qiren coughed getting all the attention of sect leaders. Once he settled on his seat, the conference began with a toast of tea since liquor was strictly prohibited in Cloud Recesses. Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian entered the hall with Sizhui following them. The three saluted and settled on their own seat. Lan Qiren nodded at Sizhui so the latter stood and saluted again.

"Apologies for our late appearance. Since this is going to be a meeting as to where the tournament will be held, our Lan Sect prepared something for you." Sizhui nodded at Jingyi who entered with few disciples with him, carrying small boxes made of wood and some scrolls. Sizhui made a research on how to please these sect leaders so with the help of his fathers and Lan Xichen, he prepared these gift in exchange for their refusal to hold the tournament in Cloud Recesses.

Nie Huasiang was more than delighted to received additional painting for his collections. His smile grew wider as he touch the beautiful landscape painting of Qinghe. Sizhui was more than satisfied to see his reaction. Jiang Cheng received a scroll of painting too. When he opened it, his eyes went misty but he smiled eventually and mouthed thank you to Sizhui. It was a portrait of his shijie, Jiang Yanli. It was a risky attempt and it might irritate the Jiang Sect Leader and remember bad memories but with his reaction, Sizhui felt relieved.

Other gifts given our jades, rare herbs and some are tea sets since one of the small sect leader collected different kind of tea sets from different country. Sizhui was able to secure one with the help of Wen Yang. He gifted a calligraphy sets as well as there was a sect leader who dotes so much on his daughter and that daughter loves calligraphy. As for Jin Ling, he received a small box. When he opened it, the content was really precious. He recently received the painting he requested from Sizhui and now, he received a hand-made purse. He didn't dare show it to anyone as he was so embarrased. He bit his lower lip to stop himself from smiling.

Wei Wuxian shook his head upon seeing Jin Ling's reaction. He was there when his son asked for Lan Wangji's permission to disturb a female cultivator to asked something about sewing. Then one night, he visited Sizhui in his chamber and saw him sewing a hand-made purse.

Nie Huasiang used his fan to cover half of his face and whispered to Jiang Cheng. "Look at how your nephew was delighted to the gift he received. What do you think it was?"

Jiang Cheng turned to look at his nephew who's ears are turning red. He might not be smiling but his bright face shows how happy he was. Now, he was starting to doubt his nephew's words.

"I hope you all like the gift our childe have prepared." Lan Xichen started to get their full attentuion. "Now, let's start our discussion for the tournament."

"Sect Leader Jiang, why don't you hold the competition this time?"

"I'd love to but I'd like to test my nephew."

Jiang Cheng's words created an uproar. They all started chattering how young the sect leader of Lanling and his inability to hold such big competition. Jin Ling didn't speak but he sure got insulted. Sizhui got worried as he saw how Jin Ling clenched his fist.

Nie Huasing spoke to support Jiang Cheng. "I'd like to see that as well. Why not give him a chance to show his capability. After all, he handled a lot of issues, the previous sect leaders left him, well."

Sizhui smiled and spoke to show his support. "I believe that Sect Leader Jin has the capability to hold the tournament."

Jiang Cheng twitched his brows hearing the support from Sizhui's mouth. He can't believe how bold this kid can be to support a friend without permission from his so called parents. He looked at Wei Wuxian who looks so proud from his son and he just shook his head.

"Forgive our childe's presumptuous behavior." With a smile on his face, Lan Xichen added, "But his character judgement have never been wrong. If he believes in Sect Leader Jin's capability, I, too believed in him."

Some sect leaders stil didn't agree but since most of the sect leaders wanted to test the Jin sect leader, they finally went to a unanimous decision.

'This kids credibilty was very good. With his smart mouth, no one can disagree with him. Worthy as an heir.' Jiang Cheng can't help but to have thoughts about Sizhui. He gazed at his nephew who might be raging inside right now but to his astonishment, his holding himself from smiling and his ears are very red. 'Just what the hell is wrong with this kid? He usually get angry if someone save him like that.'

"Say," Nie Huasiang spoke, "If Sect Leader Jin will be hosting the tournament and since Lan Sect was not able to hold it for us, why not send Childe Lan to Lanling to help with the preparation."

"Yes, yes." Everyone agreed with Sect Leader Nie's suggestion.

Jin Ling completely turned red from what he heard. He remembered Sizhui's words when they meet at Caiyi Town.

"Then if one day, I'll come and visit you. That means, we'll be doing it already."

Jingyi notice Jin Ling's redness so he turned to Sizhui and his friend was smiling from ear to ear. 'Oh! Something must be happening in Lanling. I should be there to help just in case.'