C66 - Mistress of Wen Sect

"He will not wear the Wen robes."

There was a long pause before Wen Qing answered Lan Jun. The two sects have been arguing over the wedding of Wen Yang and Lan Jingyi. When Lan Qiren found out about this, he almost had Qi deviation. To have another disciple of Lan Clan to be married to a man made him think that there was a disease going on their clan. He immediately ordered to have thorough check-up on every disciple. Wei Wuxian couldn't stop laughing when he heard about it. "Elder Lan, I don't think it was suitable for the mistress of Wen Sect to let him wear the Lan uniform while he is residing at Qishan. After all, Jingyi will soon become a Wen."

Jingyi felt irritated. They were all talking like his presence is invisible. He is a man. How did he ended up being called a mistress? Eversince the day he called Jin Ling a young mistress, did it all went back to him? He glared at the couple on the other side. He would understand if Jin Ling laughed at him but to see Sizhui shaking while muffling his laugh is a different story.

Most of all, he doesn't understand why his uniform is an issue. Sizhui can freely wear his Lan uniform so why couldn't he? Then he recall, Jin Ling usually wore Sizhui's robes. If there's a gathering in their sect, Jin Ling and Wei Wuxian will attend wearing their Lan uniforms and forehead ribbon.

Jingyi sighed heavily. He looked at Wen Yang beside him. A week after the conversation they had with his father, Wen Yang appeared with Wen Ning and Liu Hei in Cloud Recesses along with their bethrotal gifts. Due to embarrasment, he stayed in his chamber until Zizhen and Jin Ling came to fetched him.

"Jingyi, you're hiding things from us, huh?" Zizhen sulked when he found out that it was only him who knows nothing. He have been offering Jingyi to check the girls in his sect yet Jingyi already laid his eyes on someone.

Jingyi, "Shut up!"

Zizhen teasingly uttered, "So there's another mistress here."

Jingyi twitched his brows. "Hey, Zizhen. What do you mean by that?"

"What?" Zizhen innocently looked at Jin Ling then he grinned. "Aren't you a wife of Sizhui?"

Jin Ling reproached. "Who are you calling a wife? I'm a husband!"

Aware of Jin sect leader temper, Zizhen nodded in defeat. "Yeah. Yeah. A husband it is." Then, he added, "Jingyi, get out. Sir Lan have called you."

"My presence was not necessary there, right?" Jingyi asked in a pleading tone. He doesn't have the thick face to go out yet especially that other disciples were looking at him.

Zizhen, "Wen Yang is asking your hand in marriage. Of course, your presence is needed."

"Jingyi, I thought you want a girl with big chest." Jin Ling asked in a teasing manner, "Now, where did those words came from?"

"Shut up, Jin Ling. How could you tease me like that?!" Since they are both in the same situation, Jingyi was actually expecting Jin Ling to stand on his side. How dare he slapped the things he said in the past? He looked away.

Zizhen, "Hey, hey. Sizhui-xiong already went to greet your future in-laws. You should step out now. What kind of daughter-in-law are you?"

"Don't be so unLan while meeting your future in-laws. Manners, okay?" Jin Ling reminded him.

Jingyi, "Just shut the fuck up!"

Wen Yang held his lover's hand. He can feel the irritation written all over his face. Their wedding will be held tomorrow, he was ecstatic. Both of them are but the two sects seems like arguing over something since Jingyi is a senior head disciple of Lan Sect and he was also tasked to educate the new and guest disciple.

Wen Qing, "I know you'd act this way, Elder Lan. So I came up with the solution for that."

Lan Xichen intervened wearing a smile. "Let us hear it, Ms. Wen."

"A-Ning." Wen Ning took the box from the servant of Liu Village. He opened it and Wen Qing gently removed the cover of a white robe. "Young Master Lan Jingyi is now considered a high cultivator. Us, Wen sect wear sun robes with flames around sleeve and collar. Wen Yang's brother designed this robe only for the future mistress of Wen Sect."

Lan Jingyi wasn't pleased to be called mistress but he was amazed to see the design that Liu Hei came up with for his robes. He knew that Wen Yang's brother can design and great at needlework. When Wen Qing picked up the robes inside the box, he was ecstatic to wear it.

"Wow! Ms. Wen, that looks beautiful!" Jingyi couldn't suppress his excitement. He stood and studied the fabric used and the detailed embroidery.

"Do you like it, Jingyi?" Wen Qing asked not hiding the excitement in her voice as well.

"Yes!"

Lan Xichen smiled in relief when Lan Jun didn't react to the robes. Jingyi's father was just smiling on his seat as he witnessed the bright smile of his son. He doesn't hold his son's heart and life so he decided not to go against Jingyi's choice to love a man. He always trust his son's decision and will still trust him despite the fact that Jingyi will be marrying the man from a sect who previously harmed their sect. Some elders shared their own opinion about this and he understand if some opposed the marriage but the happiness of his son was still important to him and he promised his late wife to take priority of it whatever happens.

"Diē, why should I wear a veil?" Jingyi complained.

Lan Jun, "Stop complaining and just wear it."

Jingyi wanted to roll his eyes. It was his wedding day and his father was assisting him on his wedding robes. He doesn't remember that Jin Ling wore a veil on his wedding so why does he need to wear one? Though he also recall that Wei Wuxian wear one when they had their proper marriage.

Remembering their senior's wedding, it was chaotic. Lan Qiren was very angry the next day because some of the juniors sneak out some alcohol and cause commotion in Cloud Recesses. Others were able to handle themselves while some literally got drunk with just a shot of alcohol. The worst thing that happened was their sect leader, ZewuJun and HanguangJun was trick by Wei Wuxian. The two Jades of Lan Sect got drunk. They couldn't even believed when Lan Xichen broke the rules by playing Liebing all throughout the night, admiring the full moon while Lan Wangji pulled Wei Wuxian at the back mountain with his forehead ribbon tied on the latter's wrist.

However, after some few hours, they saw Sizhui running and hiding while Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji coming after him. When everyone involved was called to received their punishment, Sizhui was the only one who wasn't punish. He caught colds after a disciple on patrol found him burried in a hole with a pile of rabbits around him. Because of that, they understood the reason why he was trying to hide that night. Recalling them brought a smile on his face. They really had a great time since Wei Wuxian arrived in Gusu.

"Jingyi."

Jingyi went back to his senses when his father called him. He saw the lines drawn in his forehead. "Diē, don't worry about me. Wen Yang loves me. If he hurt me then I'll just kill him."

Lan Jun, "Okay. Okay. I just wanted to tell you the things you need to do as a wife. Your mother wasn't here to tell you what you should do. When she died, you were a boy so she didn't worry about such things. Who would have known you'll be a mistress of a sect?"

Jingyi, "Die, I may be marrying a man, I'm still a man. You don't need to tell me what should I do as a wife because I'm also a husband."

Lan Jun shook his head. "You'll be acting as a mistress of the Wen sect too so you need to know what you should do as a wife as well." He patted his son's shoulder. "Now that the Wen Sect has been rebuilt and started to train new disciples, things won't be that easy. As his cultivation partner and as a disciple of a deity, you have to guide him to righteousness while supporting him. Use all of your knowledge you have as a Lan disciple to be a better wife and a mother to your sect."

"Yes, I will." He embraced his father and caressed his back. "Thank you, Diē, for everything."

*____________*

The fanfic has now 66 chapters. I should be able to end it with 3-4 chapters so I can already start the special chapters I have in mind.

Thank you very much for those who are still reading it and for those who just started reading it. Hope you enjoy this fanfic! 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰