C1 - The Plan

"Come in, please." Sect Leader Nie Huasiang personally welcomed all the guest from main to small sects. The preparation for the conference was artful. Not extravagant nor simple.

Nie Huasiang saw Lan Xichen with his disciple behind him. Despite the akwardness since the incident in Guanyin Temple in Yunmeng, Huasiang went to greet Lan Xichen. The two Lan representatives greeted him back. Huasiang looked at Lan Sizhui. He heard that the head disciple of Lan Sect will soon inherit the position of a Sect Leader since the two Jade of Lan Clan doesn't have an heir yet. Lan Wangji, having an intimate relationship with Wei Wuxian, doesn't have a chance to bear an heir. Lan Xichen plans to retire soon.

The conference started with some drinks and few talks. Jin Ling, being the youngest sect leader, have to bear with them until it ends.

"Lan Sizhui." Nie Huasiang called the Lan disciple's attention. All the sect leaders turned their heads to him. Even Jin Ling was surprised that Sizhui was being called. "What do you think about the competion we wanted to hold?"

Sizhui stood and saluted. "Archery and Swordmanship has been part of every competition to test one's skill. I'm honored to participate such event and learned from other sects."

"I don't think making him join will give other sect a chance to win. Zewu-Jun, this Lan disciple of yours was excellent in both skills. I hope my child can learn from him."

"Sect Leader Mao, you can send your son to Cloud Recesses and I can have our head disciple learn from him personally."

"Thank you for the compliment, Sect Leader Mao. I actually believe that every individual has their own skill where they good at. I am more than happy to help with anything I can."

"I want to send my son too."

"Me too. It would be a great of my son could improve his swordsmanship."

Jin Ling was kind of aggravated with the conversation. He was more aggravated that Sizhui was letting them abuse his kindness. Jiang Cheng felt the dark aura from his nephew but he wasn't sure if it was because the Lan disciple was getting the spotlight or because he was disregarded. But Jiang Cheng have met the boy already. The Lan disciple was truly amazing so he couldn't say anything about him.

"Alright! I think Lan Sizhui was willing to help your sons. Let's have a toast for him."

"Yes, yes."

Nie Huasiang proposed a toast. Lan Xichen only took one sip while Lan Sizhui only took the tea.

"Sect Leader Jin." Sizhui saluted at Jin Ling when he met him outside the hall. Jin Ling didn't saluted back. Jiang Cheng saw his nephew's rudeness so he walked towards him for some scolding but what he heard next was something he did not expect.

"Why are you letting them abused your kindness? You should've declined them. It was not like it was your responsibility to take care of their son's incompetency."

Sizhui smiled at him. "Its okay. If I could help, I'm happy to do that."

Jin Ling rolled his eyes. "Why are you not using the tassel I gave you?"

Confused, Sizhui, "Tassel?"

"The one from last month. I did not gave it to you to be hidden in your pouch. It meant to be used."

"Ah." Remebeing the one he won from the festival they attended in Caiyi Town. "My apologies, Sect Leader Jin–"

"I told you not to call me that way if we are not in my sect. Tch! So hard-headed."

Sizhui disregarded Jin Ling's temperament. He still believe was just like this. "Jin Ling."

"Mm?"

"Thank you for the gifts but you work for it, why did you gave me those?"

"Why? You don't like it? If you don't, you can throw it away."

"No. I'm not gonna throw it. But can I give some to Jingyi–"

"No way!" Jin Ling immediately disagreed. "I gave it to you. Why would you give it to others?"

"I understand. I will keep those. Thank you."

"Hmp!"

Jiang Cheng does not understand what was going on with his nephew, acting that way towards the Lan boy. All he thought was he got jealous because he was disregarded but the truth was, he got angry because Sizhui's kindness has been abused. Jiang Cheng gritted his teeth. He really need to talk to his nephew. He turned his back but greeted by Nie Huasiang.

"A-Cheng, I really think that your nephew and that Lan boy has special relationship."

"Huasiang, my nephew is not a cutsleeve."

Nie Huasiang flipped his fan. "Well, we'll see about that." He left, leaving Jiang Cheng dumbfounded.

After the conference, the words of the sect leaders truly happened. They sent their child for a three month's class and Sizhui trained them in the afternoon.

"Truly amazing for a next sect leader." Lan Xichen commented while watching Lan Sizhui with his training.

"You are not old yet to retire."

"Wangji, I also wanted to wander the world like you and Childe Wei. Don't worry, I won't let Sizhui handle the sect matters until he isn't ready yet. I will wait until he's twenty."

"Mm."

Wei Wuxian just entered the training ground and saw Sizhui with the guest disciples from other sects. He turned to Lan Wangji who hold his waist upon his arrival.

"Lan-er gege, look at those disciples. They are so wimp. They are giving my son a hard time."

Lan Xichen smiled. "I can see that you are already preparing yourself to welcome a new addition to the family."

"A-Yuan was already like a son to me. But I have never thought that I can officially call him my son."

"The Chunshi was still being built. Once it's done, I will help you hold a banquet to welcome the new childe."

Wei Wuxian saluted at Lan Xichen. "Thank you, Brother Chen."

"I'll leave you two now. Please help me watched those kids."

"Mm."

When Lan Xichen left, Wei Wuxian leaned towards Lan Wangji who immediately wrapped his arms around his waist.

"Do you think, Sizhui would be happy once he found out about our plan?"

"Sizhui never complained. He will be happy to know that you will be officially his father."

Wei Wuxian kissed Lan Wangji's knuckles. "I'm excited to see that day."

"Mm. Me too."