C41 - Soul Summoning

Mingshi, the underworld chamber automatically closed as soon as they entered the room. Sizhui, with his blood, he drew a magical circle on the floor. Lan Wangji sat near the table that was in there and laid his seven-string guqin while Lan Xichen stood beside him, holding his Liebing. The rest was at their back, waiting for what about to happen next. Sizhui sat near the circle and pulled out a white guqin. With a nod from him, the two Jades of Lan Sect started playing the Cleansing.

Waiting for Sizhui to play the song of life and death, the magical circle started to lit up. A small rotating windstorm developed inside the circle as it moved rushly. Sizhui wrote an unfamiliar incantation in the air, pushing it inside the circle. He, then, played an unfamiliar tune of Sheng Yu Si. The start of the song wasn't calming. It was somewhat offensive, producing excessive emotional respond. Jingyi covered his ears as it was too painful in the ears. Wei Wuxian felt the resentment and he's becoming dizzy with all the noises and loud cries he's hearing.

Sizhui was aware of Wei Wuxian's situation, he turned to Jin ling. "A-Ling, pass my Diē some of your spiritual power. The resentment of the song was powerful. Your spiritual power can help purify his mind. Do it to the rest too."

Jin Ling was quite confused. "Can my spiritual power be able to purify their minds?"

"You're my fated one. My spiritual power was already conveyed to you this morning when the fated mark glowed up." Sizhui told him though he knew that he have so much explaining to do later on.

"Huh? O-Okay." Jin Ling swallowed the lump on his throat and followed Sizhui's instruction. Wei Wuxian can now stand properly as he can no longer hear the noises. Jingyi stopped covering his ears and can now continue to watch.

Sizhui, as Shen Dizi, can also see the colors of souls and as he play the life and death song, he can see the resentful energies trying to escape from the magical circle. As there were some black smoke that was able to escaped, he draw another incantation in the air and push it towards the people inside the chamber. A protective barrier was formed for them not to be harmed.

Sizhui, "A resentful energy was called. Please continue to play the Cleansing to subdue them."

Worried, Wei Wuxian twitched his brows. "Sizhui, how about you?"

Sizhui, "Its okay. I'm a sacred spirit. It will only purify any resentful energy."

In a few, Sizhui wrote an incantation with the name of Jiang Yanli. They all saw the characters of the name of the latter. Both Jiang Cheng and Wei Wuxian was holding their breath, waiting for about to happen. Jin Ling was breathing hard, clenching his fist, feeling thrilled. He was excited yet feeling anxious.

"A-Ling, come here and grab the souls."

"Wait!" Jiang Cheng immediately reacted and grabbed his nephew's arm. "Are you going to risk his life?" He asked Sizhui.

"No. He won't get affected by these resentful energy." Sizhui answerd hik confidently. He will, of course, never allow his lover to be hurt by anyone.

Jin Ling removed his uncle's grip. "I trust him, Uncle. A-Yuan will never harm me." He left the protective barrier and some black smoke came to him. Jiang Cheng held his breath as it hit his nephew. He only sighed in relief when the resentment was perished when it touches him.

"Stand beside the circle and wait for my instruction." Sizhui ordered Jin Ling.

"I summon you. Appear in my sight now!" Sizhui push the incantation inside the circle. A small array of light appeared which soon formed into a human body then the body slowly had features. "Grab her now!"

Jin Ling did as what was told. He grabbed the hand of the lady and pulled her out of the circle. He gulped as he saw the familiar face of the woman, unconscious.