ଘOneଓ

Kokichi's thoughts are in italics and Shuichi's are underlined

Kokichi was in a large white room.

He looked around quizzically before looking down at himself to find he was wearing white scrubs, like the ones in hospitals.

'Where am I? What happened to me? '

Kokichi thought to himself. 

He was sitting in the front row of seats of what looked like a massive, yet vacant waiting room. He shivered at the eerie silence that filled the air.

So empty...

As if on cue, the sound of a door clicking open echoed through the room. Kokichi's head snapped around to where a woman clad in white office clothes stepped out.

She had dark red, curly hair tied in a bun over her head and held a clipboard in one hand while adjusting her reading glasses with her other hand. She looked like one of those cliché movie woman office workers.

"Kokichi?" She called, her sharp nasal voice piercingly loud in his ears. "Do we have a Kokichi Ouma here?"

Kokichi was the only one sitting in the room. He swallowed hard and raised his hand timidly like a first grader. "Y-yes, that's me." His voice rasped and he cleared his throat.

"Very good, Sir Kokichi," the woman gestured for him to follow. "The Keeper is waiting for you."

The boy stood up, his legs a little shaky.

'What happened before I got here? Why can't I recall anything...?'

As Kokichi approached the woman, a chill ran down him as he noticed how pale the woman's eyes were.

His small body daintily stepped through the door that the woman had motioned for him to enter.

Suddenly, the woman vanished and Kokichi whipped around in surprise. Nothing was making sense. Kokichi found himself in another large room, this one looking like a library. Just like everything else in this new dimension, world, place, whatever you called it, everything was white.

'Even the books are white...'

"Ah, you came!" A high-pitched voice reached Kokichi's ears.

Kokichi turned in surprise to see a little person scrambling down one of the tall ladders that leaned up against the shelves. He wore a light blue robe- a little improvement from all the white, but not much.

"How are you?" The smaller male asked, he only came up to around Kokichi's elbow making him surprised as he was only five foot one.

"Uh..." Kokichi bit his lip, uncertain. "A bit confused. Where am I?"

"Oh, you're in the headquarters of the Afterlife," the little human chirped cheerfully.

Kokichi stared at him. "Say what now?"

"You don't remember, but you will eventually." The little man flitted around the room like a little bird.

Just as he said the words, the memory of the pain and the car slammed into Kokichi's brain. Kokichi gasped as he remembered coming out of the club with his friends and walking alone back to his car.

"Now, Kokichi, please tell me a little about yourself." The little man hopped into a swiveling chair by a bookshelf, completely oblivious to Kokichi's startling revelation. A clipboard appearing into his hands out of nowhere.