ଘTwenty-sevenଓ

The screech immediately caused Shuichi to recoil from Kokichi and whirl around.

"K-Kaito!?" Shuichi gasped.

Indeed, Kaito Momota bundled in a stylish dark navy coat with star-littered inner lining, was standing in the entrance of the ally, staring wide-eyed.

"Are you okay, bud?" Kaito rushed to Shuichi's side and began to touch his cheeks, his hair, and, yeah, pretty much everywhere. "Oh, my sidekick has gone insane! Did you drink too much? Are you sick? Do you have a fever? Did you get STD?"

"What the-" Shuichi shook off Kaito's tan fretting fingers.

"I heard STD could make you go insane!" Kaito began resuming his hopeless cry. "Oh, your poor di-"

Shuichi shifted Monokuma into one arm and clapped a hand over Kaito's mouth. "Let's not finish that sentence, Kaito," he mumbled.

Kokichi's entire body was burning up in mortification, yet in truth, it was really Shuichi who had to be the most embarrassed between the two since Kaito could only see Shuichi probably about to have a make-out session in thin air.

Kaito's eyes landed on Monokuma, the small black cat sleeping soundly undisturbed and unbothered. 

"Oh!" Kaito managed to free his mouth and he beamed at Monokuma, momentarily forgetting the disastrous situation at hand. "You got a kitty Shuichi? That's so cute! Is that why you were in the ally?"

"Huh- what are you tal-" Shuichi paused silently before nodding quickly. "Yes, that's right," he replied in slight relief. "That's the reason. The cat started meowing, I think it saw a rat...or something..."

"Oh! You cutie patootie!" Kaito cooed, absolutely distracted by the black kitten. Then Kaito abruptly straightened and looked Shuichi in the eye. "Glad to understand the situation now. But don't go insane on me again sidekick. And remember to wear condoms." He held his thumbs up happily. "Oh! I better get going, she'll be pissed if I'm any later..." And with that, the space-loving man marched off on his merry way leaving Shuichi sputtering like a dying car engine.

"Let's go home," Shuichi huffed in exasperation.

________

In the penthouse Monokuma preoccupied herself with investigating every single nook and cranny possible, giving little meows of excitement. As Shuichi threw himself on the couch, peeling off his coat and unbuttoning the top of his shirt underneath- which, Kokichi, of course, 100% did not notice.

"You know what Shuichi, I'm going to take a bath," He announced.

Shuichi glanced at him indifferently. "And you're telling me that because...?"

A small blush crept up his pale cheeks. "Never mind," He mumbled and quickly took his leave to the bathroom.

 'Why the heck did I announce I was going to bathe like that anyway? God, I need to slap my brain cells awake.'

The bathroom itself was probably the size of Kokichi's former bedroom when he was still in high school. It was grand and spacious, with creamy tan marble walls. Large windows rested towards the ceiling, allowing pure daylight to stream in and illuminate the white tub in the room as well as the sink and mirror against a wall. At the moment the lighting was slightly dim because of the overcast weather outside, but Kokichi didn't bother to turn on the lights.

Kokichi crossed over to the tub and turned on the hot water and immediately the steaming hot water began to pour out. Memories of swimming in a hotel hot tub with his friends flickered across his mind. Before everything fell apart.