ଘFifteenଓ

"Um, is there something on my face?"

Kokichi realized he had been gawking at this new man, Rantaro, for a solid minute now.

"I, er, it's just...no one has really ever... acknowledged me before," Kokichi stammered.

'Oh mother of popcorn, that must've sounded like I was some looser no one ever took notice of before. Jeez.'

"Well why not?" Rantaro smiled kindly. "You're not that bad looking."

Kokichi blushed because...well, the compliment was coming from a very good-looking man. So good looking he was having trouble deciding whether a-hole looked better, or this new man, Rantaro, looked better.

At the moment Kokichi was leaning towards Rantaro because he was being very kind at the moment. And of the fact that he looked slightly familiar...

"So, uh, are you going to take my hand or what?"

Kokichi blushed furiously and took Rantaro's hand. Kokichi bit his lip to keep from whimpering as the pain welled up all over again in his ankle.

"What happened to your ankle?" Rantaro looked down with wide eyes.

"It's nothing serious," Kokichi half lied. "Who exactly are you?" Kokichi attempted to change the conversation. Now that he looked slightly familiar, he couldn't shake this strange, ominous feeling from deep within himself.

"Well, as aforementioned my name is Rantaro Amami, and I am the president of a different company called Desiderata Jewels," he introduced himself.

'Oh another rich high positioning hot young man'

"And you, Sir?" He asked " What might you be doing here?"

"Um, I was just leaving," Kokichi mumbled half under his breath.

"Not very safely with that ankle," Rantaro pointed out with bluntness. "Do you need help getting a ride to your house?"

"No, really it's okay," Kokichi stammered, still trying to wrap around how the heck this man could see him. "Y-you should go to whatever appointment you were heading to."

"I was hoping to meet Mr. Saihara, the CEO of this company," Rantaro straightened his  shoulders. "I have some...matters to discuss with him."

'Oh..oh no, that doesn't sound good..and recalling Shuichi's flurry of fury, now does not seem like a good time to talk to him without someone else getting hurt.'

"Now isn't a good time to see, Mr. Saihara, I think," Kokichi gave a slight nervous chuckle. "Maybe...you can find someone to pass a message to him?" Kokichi sure as hell wasn't going to pass a message to him.

"It's rather important," Rantaro straightened his jacket a little.

"Yeah, and, uh, I'm telling you, now is not a good time to see him," Kokichi persisted. By now, most of his tears had dried up and he quickly wiped away the small tear tracks on his cheeks.

Rantaro looked closely at Kokichi and he shifted uncomfortably under his scrutinizing gaze. "Was he the reason why you got injured?" He guessed, right on point.

"Smartass," Kokichi muttered in a low voice.

"Shall I report him to the police?" Rantaro offered.

"Er, no!" Kokichi sputtered. Shuichi had been and was an absolute dick, at times. But Kokichi most certainly didn't want the police called on him.

"Kokichi!"