ଘTwoଓ

The abrupt sensation of falling ended when Kokichi fell onto a soft, carpeted floor. He inhaled sharply the smell of cologne, soap, and lilacs. When Kokichi raised his head he realized why he smelled the flowers.

Kokichi was in a spacious, grand living room. The carpet was a tan color with black border while four fancy black leather armchairs were positioned in a circle on the carpet around a simple, but elegant glass coffee table. A vase of lilacs sat in the middle of the table.

He slowly stood up and realized he was dressed back into more normal clothes: jeans, a white collared shirt, and a soft pink sweater on top.

Kokichi turned in a slow circle and realized he was in an expensive penthouse with one wall of pure glass looking out some huge city. A couple doorways gave Kokichi glimpses of other rooms, equally as expensive looking at the room he stood in.

'Wait is this my...assignment's house? I knew the Keeper had mentioned him to be wealthy but like damn.'

A small sound caught Kokichi's attention and he turned to see where it was coming from. Kokichi ventured down cautiously through an open doorway at one end of the room that lead him down a short hallway which in turn quickly ushered him into a lovely kitchen of marble counters and tiled floors.

In the middle of it was a tall man hunched over what looked like a toaster and sticking inside the toaster what looked like a... metal fork??

Kokichi could only stare as the man reached in carefully with the fork.

'What an idiot!'

A small zing reached Kokichi's ears just as the man cursed and threw down the fork, shaking out his hand.

Kokichi now could see a little of his side profile, his hair was a navy blue with dark streaks and he wore a neat business suit.

'holy shit he's hot.. OH SHIT HE'S HOT'

Then he turned around, exposing his full face.

Two things struck Kokichi at once with equal force.

One- he was more than hot, he was a god. His face was smooth and unlined, filled with youth. His facial features appeared to be chiseled out perfectly by an artist with surreal beauty.

Second- Kokichi recognized him ever so slightly. He was...

"The asshole that hit me with his car!" Kokichi exclaimed pointing.

The man choked a little as he registered the boy before him. "What? Who?" He gaped and his head swiveled back and forth as if trying to see where Kokichi had come from.

'I honestly have no clue where I come from either, but at this moment, that is irrelevant.'

Kokichi had only caught one glimpse of the face behind the wheel, but it was enough. "You killed me!"

"B-but you're very much alive," the man stammered, still in obvious shock. "You're here... but, like, how? My security cameras would have warned me an intruder was here."

'Security cameras? Geez, this guy was like a billionaire. No wonder he didn't stop when he hit me. These rich people always thought they were on top of the world and could get away with anything.'

"Look, sir, uh, I think you have the wrong person," the man's brows furrowed a little. "I'm going to need you to leave."

"You don't even remember killing a person," Kokichi's jaw fell open. "You're a murderer and you're just going on with life like nothing happened."

"I am not a murderer," it was obvious the man was recovering from his initial shock and a dark look was dawning upon his face. "Listen, I have a meeting in about an hour that I need to prepare for. So please leave while I'm still asking you kindly. You're lucky I'm not going to file a lawsuit against you for breaking and entering."

"Hah," Kokichi snorted, simmering in anger. "The thing is, I didn't break anything! Suck on that you stupid fucker!"

"I'm going to call the security guards," the man warned.

Kokichi clenched his jaw.

Kokichi always hated super rich people, and this man's behavior was the exact reason why.

'Why do the hot assholes always get the good jobs and good lives?'

"Fine," He exhaled, giving up quickly. "I'll leave. Besides, I have to find someone anyways."

'People never truly change, my mother showed me that a long time ago. A stuck up stick in the expensive asshole would always remain a stuck up stick in the expensive asshole.'

"Oh really?" the man rolled his eyes. "Whom possibly could you be looking for so desperately that you trespass in others' living spaces? Your ex?"

Kokichi was disliking him more and more by the minute.

"Well since you asked I'm looking for a Shuichi Saihara," Kokichi snapped impatiently. "I'm now assigned to him as a 'guardian angel' for one year. And I bet he's not half as bad as you! I bet he isn't as big of an asshole too!"

One eyebrow rose on the man's forehead.

The action made Kokichi's stomach twist up and a small buzzing sensation ran through him.

'Damn it why did he have to be so hot? No no and no. I will not be caught staring at him!'

"Guardian angel, huh?" he snorted. "You? And what possibly could you, a little twelve-year old, do to protect this man, Shuichi Saihara?"

Kokichi drew up to his full height though he realized with a sinking heart that this man was a solid six or so inches above him. No matter how tall or big Kokichi tried to make himself, he looked hopelessly tiny compared to him.

"I'm actually twenty, and you'd be surprised at what I can do. Though that might be a lie." True. Kokichi knew no self-defense other than kick a guy between the legs or punch a girl in the chest if he was in trouble. Kokichi did not believe in violence. And he certainly was not the athletic type. But he'd never admit that out loud.

'Getting up from bed in the morning is enough exercise for me thank you very much.'

"Oh little tough boy," the man openly sneered in Kokichi's face. "I bet I could throw a punch better than you. I don't need any 'guardian angel' thank you very much."

I' bet he could throw a punch better than-

Wait..'

The man must have read the confusion on Kokichi's face and the smirk was back on his face giving him a devilish look. "We haven't officially introduced each other have we now? I am Shuichi Saihara."

-A/N-

Sorry it's a shorter chapter!!