ଘTwentyଓ

"Rantaro." 

"Shuichi." 

The two men stood face to face with equally irritated faces.

Maki, Kirumi, Chiaki, and Keebo, surrounding the men, shifted uneasily.

"Shall we go in?" Rantaro blinked slowly. Good grief, his face was that of perfection, and it was rather attractive how angry he appeared at the moment. 

Kokichi fully decided that god had favorites at that moment. 

"After you," Shuichi gestured.

"No please, the board came to see mainly you, you should go first," Rantaro replied smoothly.

"But they invited you, you ought to go first," Rantaro retorted with the tone of jagged rock sharpness.

"You two," Chiaki abruptly huffed. "You're 20 and 22 years old, and you both are acting like first graders! Get into the room!!!"

"You're the president of this company," Shuichi met Chiaki's annoyed gaze. "You should be part of this too!"

"It's cause she sleeps so much she doesn't count as a president any more," Maki muttered snarkily.

"Hey!! I can still hear you!!" Chiaki nagged. "As for my sleeping habits, it's because I'm up late working for this company. Shuichi, go inside!" 

Shuichi sighed, he straightened his suit and lifted his chin. "I'll go in first then," he gave one last look at Rantaro before entering the conference room.

Rantaro smirked a little and then entered the room as well, leaving Chiaki outside standing. 

"God he made the worst dad jokes," Chiaki grumbled, finally formed incredulous coherent words.

"I haven't seen him for long," Kirumi murmured. "It was honestly a shock to see him the other day when Saihara stormed off."

"He left soon after Shuichi left, also," Maki remarked. "I was relieved that I didn't have to actually somehow make him leave. It was fun to push Rantaro around when he was with the company, but after what happened..."

"If he left right after Saihara left," Kirumi tapped a pencil he was holding against his cheek thoughtfully, "do you think he was trying to make up with Shuichi?"

"Rantaro should know that it's way too soon to try and make up with him," Chiaki sighed, shoulders drooping a little as if some great weight had just been dropped on them. "Rantaro should've known better, and yet, Shuichi really needs to grow up and forgive Rantaro already. Rantaro is Rantaro after all and the company is honestly not the same without him no matter how successful or well run the company is."

"I'm a little confused," Keebo broke into the conversation, eyes blinking as if trying to learn how to balance chemical equations. "That man, Rantaro, used to be part of this company?"

"He used to be the former CEO of this company," Kirumi said in a low voice.

Surprise flickered across Keebo's face. "What?"

"He was the rightful heir of the company too," Chiaki exhaled. "They were both one big happy group of young men who ran a company labeled 'Most Potential for Greatness' back then."

"But...what happened?" Keebo pressed.

Kokichi leaned forward, curious as well.

"You wouldn't know would you," Maki scratched the back of her head, gazing at Keebo. "Shuichi and Byakuya offered you the job about a month after Rantaro left