ଘSixଓ

Kokichi quietly watched the red and blue lights flashing outside the window as the police dragged away the two men in black to prison. Apparently the woman in red, Maki, had caught the other man in black struggling with a bodyguard and had quickly knocked the man out.

Kokichi straightened up from his place on the couch as the front door swung open while Shuichi and Maki entered.

"Yes, thank you sir," Shuichi nodded to the police officer outside before shutting his door tightly.

Maki let out a loud exhale and flipped her hair up before half leaping half falling onto the couch.

Kokichi yelped a little and scrambled out of the way at the last minute, landing on the floor with a thump to avoid getting crushed. Kokichi looked up to see Shuichi looking directly at him, an emotion flickering across his face, before shifting his gaze to Maki who was moving around, comfortably on the couch.

"Maki, take off your shoes before sprawling all over my couch you dimwitted harpy," he playfully scolded.

"Ah, and who saved your ass out there?" Maki tilted her head a little to glance at Shuichi with a slight smirk. Still, she kicked off her shoes obediently.

"Tell me, Maki," Shuichi began hesitantly. "Is there anyone else in this room aside from us?"

Maki had closed her eyes, her dark lashes brushing against her cheekbones. "Hmm? No."

"Are you sure?" Shuichi narrowed his eyes. "You wouldn't lie to me would you?"

Maki's eyes opened once again, her eyes were strong but soft at the same time, a hard ruby red color. She straightened up and looked around, her gaze sweeping right over Kokichi without a pause as she scanned the room.

"I don't see anyone," she stated. "I can check the rooms, though, just in case, if that makes you feel better."

"No, it's fine," Shuichi shook his head quickly. "I'm going to bed. I have a meeting with the chairman tomorrow morning, I have to sign the partnership contract."

Maki frowned. "Why don't you postpone that, Shuichi? Tonight's been rough and yesterday you said you had that argument with-"

"I can't," He cut in abruptly. "I won't. This is an important and very strategic move for both companies and took a lot of work to arrange. Kaito and Rantaro would kill me if I somehow jeopardized the signing."

"Rantaro would kill you if you just woke him up," Maki grumbled under her breath.

Kokichi was slightly curious in whom Shuichi had a fight with. 

'Was that why he'd had been in such a bad mood when he came back? But then again, in practically all of my short time with him so far he's in a bad mood... the whole fucking time.'

"Anyways, we're all going to bed," Kokichi didn't miss the stress in 'all' and how his eyes flickered directly at him, "so see you in the morning Maki. Are you going back home?"

"Are you kidding me?" Maki nestled back down in the couch. "I'm not leaving you here by yourself. I'll be watching your back."

A few seconds' later soft snores filled the room.

"Who's she?" Kokichi asked, risking speaking though he was almost a hundred percent sure by now that only Shuichi could actually hear him. "She's pretty. But that was just a lie~"

"A very close friend as well as the Head Guard of mine," Shuichi replied shortly. "Hands off her. Now follow me."

"Geez, no 'please' or-" Kokichi began.

"Kokichi!!" he snapped impatiently.

"Asshole," Kokichi exhaled and obeyed Shuichi as he led him down a hall, then ushered him into a grand bedroom before shutting the door shut tightly behind him.

The room was large-no surprise there- with dark blue curtains, grey-blue walls with white edges, and one dark grey king sized bed in the middle of it all. A pile of beanbags were in one corner of the room while dark nightstands with matching white lamps spotted different parts of the room wall and an elegant painting hung above a large screen platinum TV. A walk in closet was open just enough for Kokichi to see rows and rows of clothing. 

"You really are rich, how revolting." Kokichi wrinkled his nose a little.

That's when Kokichi realized he was in a bedroom with just another man, a man who was still shirtless.

"So, um," Kokichi rubbed the back of his neck, trying to look everywhere but Shuichi.

"You knew they were coming," He said in a low voice.

"No shit"

"How?" he crossed his arms.

Kokichi's cheeks burned a little as he remembered storming out of the large apartment complex after yelling at Shuichi. He felt really childish. "Um, I overheard them talking about harming you or something. And that's not a lie!"

"And you came to me to warn me," he said slowly.

"I don't know, you tell me." Kokichi sarcastically replied.  

"Thank you"

"Wow look at that, a rich bitch knows the words thank you."

"You can go home now."

"Wha-?" Kokichi started and blinked.

Shuichi was now striding into the connecting bathroom of the bedroom while Kokichi shamelessly followed him.

"Those men aren't going to attack anytime soon again, and I now have Maki to guard me," he didn't glance over his shoulder. "Besides, you should go back to your little heavenly home or whatever house you live in."

"But-"

"But what?" Shuichi swiveled around, making Kokichi stop abruptly.

"I don't have a home," He mumbled quietly.

"You're homeless?" Shuichi arched an eyebrow.

"No- er, yes, kind of," Kokichi rubbed his face.

Shuichi stared at Kokichi for one long, silent moment.

"Always take off your shoes when you enter the house."

"Huh?"

"Don't leave any lights turned on if you're not using it," he continued, ignoring Kokichi's stare. "Clean up after yourself for everything, especially when you're in the bathroom. I don't know if angels have periods, but I am so not up to walking into a bathroom with blood and tampons everywhere. No jumping up and down, no shouting, no whining, no back talking, if I tell you to do something just do it."

"Wait-"

"I literally just said no back talking," Shuichi cut through Kokichi's words.

"I wasn't back-"

"You are seriously butchering this rule and it's been less than four seconds," Shuichi scowled.

"Son of a-"

"And no cussing," Shuichi finished. "I do not tolerate such language in this household."

"I swear I've heard you-"

"I said no swearing! How hard is it for you to follow rules?" Shuichi rolled his eyes but Kokichi could tell he was enjoying it.

'I hate him'

"Good night, Kokichi," He winked before shutting the bathroom door in Kokichi's face.

"You filthy son of a bitch!! I'm a boy!! I don't have a period, asshole!"

-A/N-

 I lowkey thought Kokichi was a girl the first time I saw him...