ଘFourteenଓ

"You have an appointment with Joel from the Children's Hospital at 10 a.m. confirming the support towards their fundraising. Then at 12 p.m. you are going to have lunch with the press for the Vogue magazine based on the newest line of underwear released earlier this month," Maki walked next to Shuichi reading off his long schedule as they walked down the clean halls of the company building to Shuichi's office.

Kokichi quietly followed behind, watching Shuichi carefully.

He'd gotten into an argument with Kumori the night before on the phone over something and he had been in a bad mood all morning. It had been three days since his and Kokichi's shopping spree together and buying the café food.

They'd gotten into an unspoken agreement of waking up around 4 a.m. each morning, argue about who would make breakfast for about fifteen minutes until they just shoved four or so slices of bread into the toaster. Then Shuichi would close the door to his room to shower and dress while Kokichi himself got ready for the day and watched over the toast. By 5:30 a.m., they both headed out to work.

Kokichi usually just trailed Shuichi like a puppy the whole day at work and then at the end of the day they both finally headed back to the penthouse, sometimes stopping by some fast food place to grab some dinner.

"At 3 p.m. you have a conference with Mr. Chairman to discuss the-"

Shuichi abruptly stopped when he opened his office room door. "What the hell are you doing here?" he demanded in a deadly low voice.

Maki rolled her eyes while Kokichi cautiously peeked around her. Kokichi's heart stopped when he saw Kumori herself sitting on Shuichi's expensive black steel desk smack in the middle of his cluttered office of papers and computers.

"You weren't answering me on the phone," Kumori replied in her usual whiney voice. "So I figured to come here myself." She was playing with a small dog figurine and slowly set it down next to her.

"Mr. Saihara?" Maki stated, hands tightening around her black, red-flowered cover tablet with Shuichi's schedule on it.

"Your dismissed Maki," Shuichi said almost harshly.

Kokichi's heart lurched a little for Maki. After watching her interactions with Shuichi, he'd learned that Maki was Shuichi's personally secretary and bodyguard. She was really genuine and kindhearted person when you got to know her. That, and she was, just like basically the entire staff of the company, very pretty.

Maki bit her lip a little before nodding and backing away leaving Shuichi and Kumori by themselves, though Kokichi caught the few back glances filled with concern right before she rounded the corner out of sight.

"I've been very busy, Kumori, you know this," Shuichi said in a low voice.

"True," Kurmori sighed. She wore a short-short dress that revealed all her when she sat on Shuichi's desk the way she was.

'Pink lace. Ugh.'

 "But you often at least ask me to grab some dinner with you." She spoke annoyed. 

It would be Kokichi's fault that he hadn't asked her out to dinner anytime recently. He'd made it clear that he had a strong dislike for her and Shuichi didn't trust Kokichi to be in the same car or room as the two of them.

"I've been busy," Shuichi repeated.

"Shuichi, you're my boyfriend," Kumori whined. "Your not here for me when I need you."

"What do you need then?" Shuichi ran a hand through his hair, messing it in frustration and exasperation.

"Well..." Kumori tapped her cheek with a finger. "Work's been pretty stressful lately and..." Now she got up and crossed over to Shuichi, throwing her arms all over him and making sure her breasts rubbed on his chest. "I miss you at night. You were such a ferocious man then."