CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

Y/N POV

Wrapping my cream fleece blanket around myself, I'd woken up with a abhorrent cold after the rain escapade with Chanhee earlier that day. With a sore sniffle, I waded downstairs to the living room where the boys were watching TV as they normally did. They loved it here. However you could tell they missed home, I caught Sunwoo grazing over a small polaroid in the clear pocket of his wallet. It was a child on his father's shoulders, assuming it was Sunwoo I sighed to myself solemnly.

"We'll get you home." I whispered to him, perching upon the chair behind him and wrapping my arms around his shoulders momentarily.
"You think we can?" He looked up to me, tugging at his signature bucket hat - I shook it cutely, booping his nose.
"Well, we got here. So there must be a way back." I replied reassuringly, leaving leather the arm of the chair beside him with a soft smile.

Wandering over to where Chanhee was laid in the corner sofa, I tried not to interrupt the boys' movie too much as I passed them - in reality, prading my blanket in front of them like a graceful cape. His eyes were tiredly closed, soft sighs escaped his rosy lips rested in a gentle part. Carefully snuggling beside him, being cautious not to wake him, I pulled the blanket over him sweetly and rested my head against his chest.

Around 10 minutes had passed before I felt his arms wrap around me, opening my eyes to see a sleepy-eyed boy smiling down at me. I laughed shyly, resting my head on his arm that had slid beneath my neck. I blocked a small cough, sniffling slightly because of the short laughter, causing Chanhee's eyes to blink with concern.
"Did you catch a cold?" He croaked gently, sniffling to himself before giggling.
"It seems like you did too." I retorted cuddling into him as we giggled over the situation cutely. Pausing tranquilly, the two of us looked at each other with content and silence as the movie boomed in the background. Lifting the blanket slightly over us, I moved closer and planted a quick kiss on his lips. Smiling back at me, he glided a finger down my jaw and sealed another - this time holding me closely before I could pull away. Giggling into it, I placed my hand on his nape and rested my forehead against his tenderly.

"Well this isn't suspicious." Eric joked, pulling the cover down to where the other boys were now chuckling to themselves. Tugging the cover back off him, I hid in Chanhee's chest with the blanket over my head with an embarrassed laugh.
"Are you two even together?" Haknyeon scoffed, the others piping up in agreement out of curiosity.
"No.." I replied hesitantly, peeping over the hem of the blanket.
"Why? You're all over each other. All the time." Younghoon added with a snicker, pulling his knees to his chest causing the leather couch to squeak noisily.
"You guys were annoyed at each other for 5 seconds and now you're suddenly all lovey-dovey again. Why not just seal it?" Sunwoo also commented with a shrug, the black haired boy beside him nudging him with a small nod.
"Well how's it gonna work when you guys go back? We can't have a relationship in different moments of time." I replied with a scoff, trying not to bother myself with my own comment and sitting up slightly.
"Well why not just make the most of your time together?" Hyunjae suggested, leaning fiesta inquisitively.

Glancing over to Chanhee with an unsure gaze, I smiled softly and watched as he shrugged unknowingly.
"Well do you wanna?" He asked, a gentle smile lighting up his face.
"Wanna what-" I responded in confusion, feeling the room face palm as the others began to grumble and complain at my response.
"Date him, you idiot." Hyunjae chimed in, filling in the gaps that he had left out.
"You know this would be way more romantic if you weren't all pouncing on the situation like a bunch of starved hyenas." Chanhee complained in a high pitched whine, throwing the cushion from under his back at Hyunjae in annoyance.
"This wouldn't of happened if we weren't here." He retorted with his fawn tinted eyebrow cocked in a sarcastic arch.
"Yeah." I turned to Chanhee in reply with a smile and innocent eyes decorating my features.
"Yeah what-" He furrowed his brows in confusion, causing an even louder groan to erupt from the group. All of them complaining loudly, collapsing on the sofas and over-dramatically throwing their faces into their palms. Getting the memo, the both of us laughed with a nod of realization.

"Official?" He asked with a raised brow, causing me to laugh stupidly.
"Official." I replied in reassurance, my eyes fluttering shut as he placed a delicate kiss on my forehead. With a sarcastic cheer, the boys sank back into their places on the sofa with a relived sigh.
"I'm so tired, are we all sleeping down here?" Haknyeon asked, as the others began hum in agreement.
"Yeah I think we're all pretty drained, we may as well stay down here." Sangyeon added, reaching to the light switch behind him and turning it out.

With a faint click, the television screen closed and faded into darkness. It was pitch black, aside from the vague square of moonlight that patched from the window - providing no significant light source to the room. Cuddling into Chanhee, the warmth of his chest felt especially electrifying tonight. Loosening up, he wrapped his arms back around me with a shy exhale.

"I love you."  Unexpectedly, he whispered. The silence in the room causing him to say it especially silently. Finding his face, I traced my hand up to his cheek before planting a small kiss there.
"I love you too." I replied, announcing it officially to the gleeful boy, who made me feel as if one million butterflies had just broken free of their cocoons in the pit of my stomach. He traced small circles on my back, the both of us being extra careful with where our blind hands would roam. I could almost feel the smile on his face as he sighed prettily. Patting my head in rhythmic taps, he nuzzled his head into
my own as if he was protecting me from the world around us. Eventually my eyes were growing heavier, overtaken by the feeling of pure serenity as I was completely engulfed in the warmth of his touch. There I fell asleep once again, thinking everything was normal.

——

AUTHORS NOTE

awh aren't the others boys just so cutely irritating.. (*^ω^*)

anyways.. shorter chapter this time around but i hope it fulfilled your reader needs for now! this will likely be paired with a double update .. ! ★彡

sending my love always..

clover <3