Chapter 1

Kongpob's POV
I've regretted roaming around the human world without being cautious the whole time.

Flashback Starts

"Kong, let's just have lunch at home, shall we?" Mom asked but I shook my head. I was bored of home cooking and I wanted to have something different today

"You guys go ahead, I'll go out into the human world and have lunch myself." I said while I started packing some stuff to bring along.

"Kong, it's dangerous out there in the human world. You won't know what they would do if they found out about you." Mom said and the others were looking worried as well.

"I'll be alright, mom. Besides, I can always disguise myself as a cat or a human. There isn't anything to be afraid of." I took a backpack and started walking to the entrance of the portal. This was actually built by our ancestors, to protect all the other creatures that lives on Earth except for humans. The elders never once let us out of the portal but when I eventually grew up, I started sneaking out of it and I went back home safe every time. Since then, the laws started to loosen and we're free to go to the human world and explore whenever we want.

"Be careful, Kong. Don't let anyone see you shifting."

"Yes, mom. Stop with the nagging, I'll be back real quick." And soon I left my home, running towards the human world.

The portal opens and I've arrived in the woods but it didn't take long for me to get out of it.

"Ah, different scent of air indeed. I should've gone out of the portal more, it's so lively here." I looked around and saw the busy streets, full of people and vehicles. What attracted me the most is the buttery scent of the pastry coming from a bakery.

I quickly grabbed the straps of my backpack and rushed to the bakery.

"I'll have five of these, thank you." I ordered as soon as it's my turn and walked away munching on one of them. I didn't forget to bring some for my family as well.

"This is so good. We should've just moved and lived here." I kept the leftovers in my backpack and started wandering around again until I bumped into somewhere special.

I was stopped by the guards in front of a pub, saying I needed a pass to enter it.

Well... Who needs a pass when you're a cat?

I went to the back alley and stripped off my clothes, placing them in my backpack as I shifted into a cat.

But I wasn't even able to jump to the roof and sneak in when a hand suddenly caught me by my nape, lifting me from the ground. He turned me around to face him and I saw a man with tan skin and a sturdy, muscular figure.

"Well well, what do we have here? A shifting cat? Or should I say a neko?" I was struggling in his grip when he said something about me being a neko.

How did he know?

"Stop moving around, neko. You're coming with me." With that, he threw me inside a cage and I fainted the moment my head thumped on the metal wall of the cage.

Flashback Ends

"Hey, Arthit. Come here." I heard the man that had captured me calling out for someone but I was still pretending to be unconscious,"Look at this."

"Why did you bring a kitten here, P'?" I heard a rather soft and gentle voice asked and the man near me snorted.

"This is no ordinary cat, Arthit. It's a neko." So, the one with a melodious voice is called Arthit.

"But P', nekos, vampires, werewolves don't really exist. Are you sure you know what you're saying?" I wanted to peek at Arthit but was afraid as I continued listening to his statement.

It's true that humans don't know that we exist but I'm not sure why this guy knows about our existence and if he's just a normal person watching me shift, he would only freak out and not kidnap me.

I guess he isn't someone as simple as he seems.

"I'm sure about it and we're gonna do some research on this cat. I wanna know what makes him different from us humans." The man placed the cage on the table and with his rough hands, he picked me up and hurled me to the table. My body crashed onto a metal surface and it was painful but I was careful not to let out a groan.

"What if it's just a normal cat, P'? The experiments and tests will hurt him." I continued eavesdropping on their conversation and noticed that Arthit is actually a kind and bright human.

Listen to whatever Arthit said, just let me go.

"We are going to experiment on him and we are gonna do whatever it takes to find out the genes in him. Only then can we duplicate the DNAs. We can earn loads of money with it. We can be indestructible and maybe if we're powerful enough, we can rule this world." I felt myself being chained on the neck as my heart pounded in discomfort.

"P', you're being ridiculous. Let's just let go of that cat." I heard Arthit plead and I was feeling a little worried for him.

"You do know that you still owe me, right? So how dare you disobey what I'd instructed you to follow?" The man started caressing my fur, gripping on my rare limb as I clenched my teeth to ease my agitation.

"But P', I don't think we should harm animals especially when it's an innocent one..." The man released his hold on me and I was relieved for a moment.

"Arthit." His voice stern and I started trembling slightly,"Whatever I said, you should never disobey me and when I said I wanted this cat to be experimented on, you should do it as well." Fear started creeping into my heart with every word that man said.

Am I actually going to survive?

"So let's get started. Try every medicine and substance on him. I want to see how this neko turns into his human form and don't you let me find out that you're not following my orders." The door closed and I'd assumed that he had already left. I heard a loud thud and I instantly opened my eyes slightly just to see a beauteous man dropped to his knees as he clutched onto his chest, gasping for air.

A/N:
Hey guys, just wanted to tell you that I won't be updating for a few days cause I intend to finish some one shots first before continuing with this story.
Thanks for reading, voting and commenting.