Chapter 5

Kongpob's POV
It was already midnight and Arthit is still here with me. He was secretly trying to find out the drugs that Knot had prepared and I was quite surprised with the fact that Arthit didn't recognize the drugs that Knot had used on me.

"Why did P'Knot use special code names on these drugs?" He picked up one of the vials, looking at the substance inside. Within one week, I've been tested with 3 drugs and except fainting and feeling dizzy, they don't have any other effect on me.

"The tests show that those drugs have no effects on you. But every one of them makes you feel dizzy, weak and you'd even faint." He took a binder folder and scooted closer to me while sitting on a swivel chair. He placed the folder beside me, leaning on the chair as he bit on his pen gently.

"Is P'Knot hiding something?" He looked at me and I subtly nodded as I was assuming the same.

"But what is he hiding?" His eyebrows furrowed as he continued skimming through the papers.

"This is so strange. He would normally tell me everything he's using." He stopped flipping the pages and was suddenly deep in his own thoughts. I stared at him while sitting close to his papers, trying to peek at it.

"I need to test these drugs. But these are only single doses. How could I collect more of them? I couldn't ask P'Knot, he'll definitely be suspicious of me." He abruptly said, startling me slightly.

"What do you say, Blackberry? What should I do?" He gazed at me, asking.

"Meow." You can try to investigate it but how?

"I didn't have any idea either. Only he and I have the keycard to this lab so if I lied to him that the drugs were gone, it was too obvious that I was the one behind everything." He patted my head softly and I thrusted my head further into his warm palm.

"But every vial contains only 10ml and he'll definitely check the amount of drugs in the syringe before injecting it in you. That means I couldn't secretly decrease the dosage." He sighed heavily, slumping into his seat.

"What should I do?"
_______________________________________

I'd eventually fall asleep when Arthit is still busy with his work but when I woke up, he's already dozing off while resting his head in the crook of his arm. He's shivering slightly and I look up just to see the air conditioner right above him. I almost acted impulsively for a moment as I thought about turning to my human form just to help cover his jacket over him. But I halted the moment I saw something at the corner of the laboratory.

A closed-circuit television.

Does that mean Knot might know Arthit was already starting to suspect him?

I gaze around for a moment and found some papers and a pen scattered near Arthit. I approached them and sat there with my back facing the CCTV. After adjusting my position, I picked up the pen with my teeth and was thinking of a way to tell Arthit to be careful of the camera that he'd obviously forgotten about.

When I wanted to write something, Arthit had stirred awake and was looking at me with sleepy hooded eyes.

"Meow." I said with the pen still between my teeth.

"Hmm?"

"Meow." Look at me.

"Is something wrong, Blackberry?" He sat up straight and neared me.

I bowed my head low and started scribbling on the paper.

"What are you trying to say?" I couldn't just write 'CCTV' above board as I might have sold my identity to him.

"Meow." I put down the pen, using my paw pointing on the line I'd drawn.

"A line?" He looked at it confusedly and my paw glided on the paper, subtly indicating to the corner of the lab. He lifted his gaze and saw the camera as he widened his eyes in shock.

"Shoot! How could I forget about that? That's making things worse. Did he find out already?" He stammered to himself and was panicking slightly.

"Meow." I don't think Knot had found out.

"Right, P'Knot had said he's going back home after dinner. He wouldn't be in his office watching us." He uttered and heaved a sigh of relief.

"Almost... We almost got caught. How can I be so careless? So idiotic?" He started slamming his head on the table while grunting frustratedly.

"Meow." It's alright now, don't worry.

"It's not fine... He almost discovered us. We should start hoping that he won't rewind the video recorded by the camera." He leaned on the table, staring at me.

"Meow." It's okay.

I came closer to him, reaching out my paw as I caressed his hair. It felt so soft to my touch and I liked it.

"Meow." Don't worry, we're fine for now. He stared at me for a while before bursting into a fit of giggles out of the blue and I immediately retreated my paw.

"You're so cute, Blackberry. Are you trying to comfort me?" He said while still chuckling a little.

"Meow!" I shrieked at him, feeling slightly embarrassed.

"It's okay. I like it." He took my paw in his hand, squeezing it gently before placing it on his hair and I continued stroking it.

"Are you really a neko? Cause you seem like you understand everything I said." He whispered and that shocked me as my body became really tense. But under his intense gaze, I hesitantly shook my head, hoping that he would believe me and let it off the hook.

"But it still amazes me that you could understand every word I said."

"Meow." I'm really not a neko.

"You're not even eating cat food too. Maybe you're really a neko."

"Meow!" Fear was creeping all over me and I was getting desperate in convincing him to believe that I am an ordinary cat.

"But some cats can be really intelligent too." He said and I quickly ran to the bowl filled with cat food. He's been persuading me to eat it but even smelling it was making me want to puke.

"Meow." Watch me.

I instantly moved closer to the bowl, holding my breath as I chewed on the cat food. The smell was so awful that I needed to resist myself from retching.

"You're eating cat food? Do you like it? That is one of the expensive ones so I guess it'll taste good." He looked at me with anticipation but I couldn't speak as I hadn't actually swallowed the food.

"How is it, Blackberry?" He asked again and I could only swallow it hard as I quickly turned away, retching silently.

"Do you want more?"

"Meow." Please no.

I laid back on the table and stared at the ceiling, crying internally.

Did I just eat cat food?

"Meow!!"

Arghh!!

A/N:
Hey guys, I've made a decision that  I'll be only updating 2 to 3 times a week and on weekdays only as I'll be busy with personal issues on weekends. So, I'll not be updating these few days until next week.
That's it from me, thanks for reading.