Chapter 2

Arthit's POV
It took me a moment to finally ease the fear in my heart as I stood up on my feet and saw the cat on the table was already in a sitting posture.

I slowly trudged towards the table and the cat was licking its fur, side-eyeing me.

Wait! Can cats even do that?

"Umm... Hi, cat." I tried to pat its head and the cat immediately avoided my touch haughtily.

Maybe I should give the cat a name. After all, I needed to record it in my report.

So, first I need to check its gender.

I reached out and grabbed its hind limbs, wanting to peek at its genitalia but the cat was faster as it used one of its paws to cover as it shrieked at me.

"I'm sorry but I need to know your gender for my report." I was hoping that the cat could understand and it did as it gradually moved its paw away.

"You're a boy." I took a paper and a pen as I quickly jotted down some notes regarding this cat, doing some simple checkups as well to make sure that it's in a good condition.

"Nothing odd from your body." I attempted to pat the cat again and he scratched the back of my hand, "Okay... aggressive behavior."

I wrote down some of its characteristics and the moment I lifted my gaze, I saw the cat looking at me, seemingly unsatisfied with how I graded its behavior.

"You do know that you're aggressive, right? So stop giving me that look." I said again and...

Did that cat just roll its eyes?

"So an aggressive black tomcat... What should I name you then?" I said, twirling the pen on my fingers.

"Blacky?" I muttered uncertainly and heard the cat scoffed.

"Well, since you're a rude cat then I won't give you a good name either. I'll call you... Blackberry." I said and quickly backed away as the cat tried to jump on the paper I was writing on and by the looks of it, he was going to tear my notes. He ended up dangling by the table because of the chain and I could only put down the paper before helping him back up on the table.

"Stop being so hostile. I'll get you some water and food so please stay still and stop embarrassing yourself like that." I grabbed the back of his neck while staring into his eyes.

"I'll be back in a while." With that, I went out of the laboratory, not forgetting to lock it.
_______________________________________

I came back after half an hour from the grocery store with some supplies for the cat and food.

"P' had said that you're a neko and I guess you're a more high class cat so... I got the most expensive cat food from the grocery store." I said while placing down the goods I'd just bought, taking out a blue cat bowl and filling it with water.

"Here, some water." I placed the bowl on the table and the cat vigilantly approached the bowl, giving it a sniff before licking the water.

"I won't be that cruel to poison you, you know?" I took out the dry cat food, pouring it into another bowl before placing it on the table too.

"Bon appétit." The cat neared the bowl but he immediately turned his face away.

"You're not gonna eat them?" I thrusted the bowl closer to him but he started retching slightly.

"I'll leave it here, finish it alright?" I said before leaving my other groceries on the table to wash my hands.

And when I came back 5 minutes later, I saw that the cat's mouth was full of something white and creamy.

"What did you just eat?"I started rummaging through my bag and saw that my egg sandwich was already gone.

"How could you do that? That's my dinner!" I exclaimed loudly but the cat reached out to grab the tissue I accidentally took out as he used it to wipe his mouth.

"What the..." I widened my eyes gawking at him.

"Arthit, what are you doing?" I broke out of my trance and instantly turned to the door as P'Knot entered the lab.

"I'm just feeding the cat, P'." I watched as he walked to the table and started caressing Blackberry but he was obviously uncomfortable as he squinted his eyes shut tightly.

"Who told you to feed him?" P'Knot slammed on the table all of a sudden and I retraced my steps a little.

"I...I..."

"Let him starve."

"But he'll die before we can even do any tests on him..."

"I said, let him starve. We'll see if starving can force him back into his human form and submit to us." P'Knot picked up the cat and I saw Blackberry shivering under his grab.

"You better prepare your report before you leave and send them to my office." He said as he harshly placed the cat back to the table.

"Y-yes, P'." I uttered and he gave me a glare.

"Don't let me find out you're still feeding him." He then shoved the cat food that was on the table to the ground as some even scattered on me. I was relieved when he finally left and I started cleaning up the place.

"I'm sorry that I need to starve you. I... I couldn't go against him." I muttered while sweeping the mess on the floor and I heard Blackberry meowing.

I looked up and saw him nodding at me, "Thanks for understanding."

I smiled at him but he swiftly averted his gaze.

When I was done cleaning and writing the report, it was almost midnight. I stood by the switch, contemplating whether I should turn off the lights.

"Meow." Blackberry stared at me and his gaze was giving me assurance that it's alright to switch the lights off.

"Goodnight, Blackberry. I'll see you tomorrow." And I turned off the lights, not forgetting to lock the door before leaving for P'Knot's office.

2785 days left...

A/N:
I'd put up a warning on the description so please stop reading if you're uncomfortable with it.
Thanks for reading, voting and commenting.