Chapter 6

Arthit's POV
"Arthit, is DT05 done?" P'Knot outstretched his arm as he asked.

"Yes, P'. In a minute." I said as I gently tapped on the syringe, making sure there weren't any air bubbles in it,"Here."

"Okay, get ready." He instructed as I proceeded to grab my report and started to record.

"Time, 1.00pm. Drug used, DT05. Subject, Blackberry." I muttered and watched him insert the needle into Blackberry.

"Meow!" Blackberry squirmed under P'Knot's grab as he meowed in great pain.

"Done." P'Knot threw the syringe into the waste bin and removed the latex gloves,"I'll be here observing him for a while."

"Yes, P'." I answered and was starting to think of a plan. He will usually let me be the only one waiting for the results and I was actually planning to sneak out the used vials out of the lab. I've planned to meet one of my friends when I get to go out and ask for his help in investigating these drugs that were used on Blackberry as he's an expert in this field. Although there wasn't much content left in the vials, I'm sure he could still help me.

"Start cleaning up, Arthit." He urges while pulling a chair to sit by the table with some reports.

"Yes, P'." I went back to the preparation station and began to clean up at a slow pace, hoping that he would eventually leave at some point. But after around half an hour, he wasn't leaving and I was slightly panicking internally.

What should I do?

I can't let him find out that I was going to keep the vials.

Then something came into my mind as I wrapped the vial with paper after making sure P'Knot wasn't looking and threw it into the bin.

"I'll throw away the waste, P'." I said while tying up the knot of the bag loosely.

"Be quick." He said without lifting his gaze from the report and I quickly walked out of the lab till I reached the disposal area. I looked around for a moment, making sure that I was alone and there weren't any cameras around. I untied the bag and grabbed the vial out of it, keeping it in the pocket of my pants that wasn't visible under the white coat I'm wearing. Then I tied the bag, discarding it and instantly left there.

I've made it. All I need to do is to gather more vials and wait for the time for me to visit my mom as I would be able to meet up with my friend at that time.

"Arthit, what took you so long?" P'Knot questioned the moment I entered the lab.

"I'm sorry, P'." I replied to him, not giving further explanations as I knew I was bad at lying and he might debunk the lies.

"I need to leave now. There's an issue happening in Jan's lab and I need to be there, so keep an eye on that neko." He demanded as he swiftly packed his stuff before leaving me and Blackberry alone.

"Meow." It was about five minutes later when I heard Blackberry calling.

"Huh? Blackberry? You're awake?" I gasped in shock as I immediately went up to him and did some check ups.

"Meow."

"You didn't faint?"

"Meow."

"But how could that happen?"

"Meow."

"You felt nothing? That drug has no effect on you?"

"Meow."

"Strange..." I muttered as I started thinking about the possibilities of the drug that was used on Blackberry.

"Meow." He walked up to me and rubbed his cheeks on the back of my hand.

"You want some water?" I asked and saw him subtly nodded. It's still odd how he could understand what I'd said and even responded to me. But I still prepared water and some food for him nonetheless. I've found out that he really hates eating cat food and that was actually normal for cats, so I started preparing simple foods for him such as boiled chicken and steamed fish.

"Here, drink up." I said, placing the bowl before going up to rummage through my bag and grabbed the package of ready-to-eat chicken breast. I tore open the packaging and ripped the chicken into smaller pieces.

"Eat a little, you have abstained from eating since yesterday night." I pushed the food bowl to him as he started devouring it.

"Meow." Moments later, he licked on his lips after finishing his food.

"You're a really good boy." I patted his head and saw him grimaced in annoyance.

"Meow."

"Yeah, yeah. I know you hate it when I praise you like that." I said while I cleaned up his food bowl and filled up some water in his water bowl.

"Meow."

"So what do you wanna have for dinner?"

"Meow."

"Nope, I don't have extra money to buy you sushi just because you want to eat fresh salmon."

"Meow!"

"Nope, end of discussion. I'll let you have the cooked ones that came with my salad."

"Meow." He frowned, obviously feeling a little upset.

"Blackberry... You know how expensive the food can be in this research institute and I don't have much for my pay." I muttered, lowering my gaze as I went to grab a broom and start sweeping the floor.

"Meow?" His tone was full of curiosity and I knew he was puzzled by my words.

"I have secrets too." I smiled to him and he looked concerned.

"And let them remain as secrets..."

"Meow."

"Thanks... I'll tell you one day if..."

"Meow."

I set the broom aside and cuddled him as he nuzzled on my chest. I sighed when I heard him purring softly and lifted his gaze to stare at me.

"I'll tell you when I'm ready, okay?"

"Meow." He said before burying his face into my shirt and I felt a little ticklish because of his whiskers.

A/N:
Thanks for reading, voting and commenting.