Chapter 8

Arthit's POV
My head was aching so bad and my eyelids were really heavy but I still managed to flutter them open. The lights were blinding as I squinted my eyes a little and my body felt really cold. I stretched my limbs to relieve the kinks in my back with my eyes closed as the lights were beaming too brightly. I then open my eyes again, looking around for a moment.

Hmm...

Something's strange...

Everything seems so... HUGE.

"Arthit." I heard a silvery voice called out and I turned to my side just to see a stranger standing near me.

But he's so enormous.

"Arthit, I... I'm Kongpob."

I looked around again and was certain that we're in my laboratory but who's this guy and how did he get in here?

"Meow?" What are you doing here?

WAIT!

"Meow?" What did I just say?

What is happening?!

I quickly stumbled onto my feet but everything felt so weird. I immediately looked at my torso and all I found was my body, covered with white thick coat of FUR!

"Meow?!" What the heck is happening to me?!

"A-Arthit, stay calm for a moment!"

"Meow?!" How do you want me to stay calm?!

I am a...

I'm a cat!!!

"Arthit, I can explain."

"Meow!" What more do you want to explain?

"Arthit, I'm sorry that I'd lied to you. I've no choice... I need to protect myself, my kind. I couldn't expose myself to anyone for my family and friends' safety. I couldn't risk it." He was panicking as a drop of cold sweat streaks on his forehead.

"Meow." Fine. I was still glaring at him and he instantly gave me a nervous smile.

"And... about you becoming a neko..."

"Meow?" I'm a neko? Not a cat?

"Yes, you're a neko now and not a cat."

"Meow?" But... How?

"This is a little complicated... Umm, how should I begin?"

"Meow!" Just start talking!

"Actually in this world, we exist too. We as nekos, vampires, fairies, werewolves and more, we're living too in the same realm as the humans. Thousands years ago, our kind did interact with humans too but one day, humans tried to bring harm to us. They thought we're maleficent and they tried to expel us and even kill us. That's when our ancestors decided to build a portal just for us so that we'll be safe from humans, living in an alternate space."

"Meow." I'm sorry that happened to you.

"It's okay, it's not your fault. About you being a neko too... Well, my maternal grandmother, she's a vampire and I've inherited the ability to turn humans into my kind if I bite them. The only difference between me and vampires is that I will turn the victim into a neko instead of a vampire."

"Meow?" Will everyone you bite will turn into a neko?

"Nope... There's some condition in it but I... I couldn't tell you."

"Meow." It's alright, I understand.

He fidgeted on his spot for a while before taking a step closer to me and he started caressing behind my ears.