Chapter 22

Arthit's POV
"Welcome to my humble place." I exclaimed as P'Beam chuckled while shaking his head amusingly.

"Your place looks just like mine." He stated the obvious as he took off his shoes, placing it by the side.

"Of course it does, we're in the same hotel." I rolled my eyes at him while gesturing to him to take a seat by the bed. I soon joined P'Beam, sitting a few feet away from him while the both of us were engaged in random conversations.

"Your mom's condition is quite stable lately and I'd heard from one of the nurses that her finger had moved a few days ago. I'd undergone a thorough checkup for her but still no signs of drastic improvement unfortunately." P'Beam updated me on my mom's condition but I was still worried for her.

"Here." He took out his phone and showed me a picture, "It's been quite some time since you visited her and I guess you're too busy for that. But I'd requested a photo of your mom from a nurse yesterday."

"Thank you." I looked at the photo as my eyes unknowingly watered. I really missed her, "Thank you so much, P'Beam."

"It's not a big deal, Arthit. Just come over and visit her more often." He gently comforted and I nodded, wiping the tears that'd flowed down my cheeks.

"Wait here, P'Beam." I said to him before rushing to grab the bag from the corner I'd placed my luggage, "I don't know how to thank you, but here's some delicacies from Bangkok. I know this might not be much but-"

"You don't have to, Arthit. It's my job to take care of your mom. Besides, I'm paid to do that." P'Beam refused to accept the bag I'd handed him as he pushed it back to me but I was adamant.

"No, P'Beam. Please accept it, I'd brought it specially to give them to new acquaintances that I'll meet in the seminar, but since you're here as well, I think it'll be more fit if I give it to you." I tried to convince him as I unzipped the bag and purposely rummaged the bag, exposing all the contents in it to P'Beam or more specifically, to Lex, "Try it, P'Beam."

He accepted the candy I'd given to him, unwrapping it as he took a bite of it, "Oh, this tastes really good. How did you get them?"

"I got them from one of the stalls I used to visit when I was young. They had the most authentic snacks in Bangkok. Do you like them?"

"I love them. Thanks for giving them to me, I was usually way too busy to even roam around Bangkok and since this isn't my hometown, I don't really know where to get authentic food. Maybe you could bring me around the town for a tour."

"You've been living here for years yet you don't even bother to really explore Bangkok?" I shook my head and he chuckled awkwardly while scratching his head, "I can give you a tour when I'm free."

"Really?"

"Mmhmm."

"Thanks." He grinned before munching down the candy, "I should get going now, it's kinda late."

He stood up and I followed him to my door, sending him off as I saw him clutching the bag in his hand tightly. I subtly sighed in relief as our plan had succeeded partially.

Now that is left is for P'Beam to try contact my friend and me escaping.

I was about to close the door when a figure suddenly blocked the door.

"What did you give to Beam?" It was Lex.

"Just some candy, you want some?" I took out some of them from my pocket and placed them in his hand, "You're a little too much, you know? It's still a miracle how you could easily infuriate and annoy others." I mockingly said to him as I shut the door behind the both of us while Lex was still standing with his hands filled with candies.

"Why are you here by the way? If you don't have anything better to do, you should leave. I need to get ready for bed soon, I've an important forum tomorrow." I said to him, thinking about the one week long event and I was enthusiastic about tomorrow's topic, even more so when we could have a thorough discussion with the lector and Q&A session personally. It was the invention that P'Beam had told me yesterday, it might be the only hope to save my mom.

"I'll get going. Just don't-"

"Yeah yeah, I get it! Don't try to escape." I pushed him to the doorway and went to the bathroom. I placed my ear by the door and heard a series of ruffling sounds. As expected, Lex was inspecting my luggage and I was lucky to have already given the bag filled with vials and inhalers to P'Beam.
_______________________________________

Beam's POV
Knock. Knock.

"I'm coming." It was not even five minutes after I'd arrived at my room that someone was knocking on my door.

"Who are you?" I saw a man standing in front of the door, he cleared his throat before speaking.

"Sorry for interrupting, Mr Beam. I've received an order from Mr Arthit to take something from you."

"Arthit?" I looked at him, surprise.

"Mr Arthit had said he accidentally placed something important inside the bag he gave you a moment ago."

"Oh, I'll go get it right away." I instantly went back inside and grabbed the bag, giving it to the man, "Arthit is so kind to give me all these snacks. You can take some if you like, I can't finish them all by myself anyways."

"It's alright, Mr Beam." He said as he looked through the bag, handing it back to me after making sure nothing could be found, "It seems like Mr Arthit had mistaken it. Thank you and have a nice day, Mr Beam."

I nodded to him, closing the door and I placed the bag on my bed. We'd known that Knot's men would come over to look at what's inside the bag but I'd told my secretary to help me swap it when we 'accidentally' bumped into each other in the hallway. Tomorrow, I bet tomorrow they would find a way to get into my room and turn it over to find anything suspicious. I might be on Knot's watchlist from now on and I need to be more careful.

A/N:
Thanks for reading.