Chapter 18

A/N:
Hey guys, just a small warning about slight smut and cursing ahead. I won't be updating anymore this week and next week too just to take a rest and get some stuff done. So happy reading and stay safe.
_______________________________________

Arthit's POV
"Today we'll be testing out IDT04 so get prepared." P'Knot said as he took out the tools needed and proceeded to the preparation station. I was standing near Kongpob, caressing his fur as he purred softly.

"Arthit." His tone was assertive and I immediately moved away from Kongpob.

"Yes, P'." I took the report from him and started writing down some statements. The tests had been going on for almost two weeks and despite IDT01 having some effects on Kongpob, others weren't affecting him much and we were relieved that it didn't. At least for now, Kongpob is still safe.

"The supplier did say that IDT04 has a stronger effect. So be careful, Arthit. Wear your mask now." He passed me the laboratory respirator mask and I wore it on. He then took out the inhaler and placed a spacer on it.

"You're ready?" He grabbed the inhaler to the table and placed it at the edge of it, far from Kongpob.

"Yes, P'." I paced towards the table with the report and started reading it, "Time, 3.00pm. Drug used, IDT04. Subject, Blackberry."

"I'll begin the test." He placed the spacer around Kongpob's face and pushed on the canister. Unlike those previous gases with either white colour or colourless, this one seems a little odd. It has a fine hint of pale yellow.

"Done." He tossed the already empty inhaler into a container and sealed it with an airtight biohazard bag, "Clean up, Arthit."

"Yes, P'Knot." I took the bag from him and placed it in the bin before proceeding with cleaning up the rest of the used tools.

It took me quite some time tidying up and Kongpob wasn't conscious either. He was laying on the table like a log. Maybe this is better than him changing himself into a neko.

"I'll be throwing out the trash, P' and might grab some lunch as well." I told him before leaving and as usual, I sneaked the inhaler back to my dorm before leaving to the cafeteria. I was grabbing the lunch tray when P'Tum appeared beside me all of a sudden.

"Arthit, you're here. It's so unusual for you to be here at this hour." He said while picking up a sandwich and coffee from the vendor.

"Oh, P'Knot started the test late today and I was busy helping so I'd to delay my lunchtime." I followed him as he led me to a table with other researchers I'm quite familiar with.

"Arthit?" P'Nin, one of the older researchers, was quite shocked too to see me here during their supposed tea break.

"Good afternoon, P'Nin. I'm just having my late lunch. Today's just a really hectic day."

"It's alright, you better start digging in. Jeez, you youngsters should take care of yourself better and not starve yourself because of the experiments and tests."

"But work is more important, P'."

"Your health is way more important, kid. Get that in your mind." P'Nin clicked her tongue in annoyance before sipping her coffee.

"Have you heard about the supplier wanting to stop their partnership with us on one of the projects because Knot wasn't able to produce good results for them." I heard P'Nin say as the others started muttering.

"Really? But our tests are going quite well."

"I don't think it's the food test. Is it the one that was based on genetics?"