Chapter 13

Kongpob's POV
I was thrown harshly onto the table and was tied with a thicker and more durable chain. The excruciating pain on my back was beyond compare to the throttling leash on my neck compelling my every breath to be short and rapid. I stopped my wheezing when I saw Arthit set foot in the laboratory. His eyes filled with guilt and concern. I opened my mouth, wanting to tell him that I'm fine. But when I tried to speak, my throat was constrained by the leash and I couldn't even utter a sound as even gulping had become a much difficult task and was exceptionally distasteful. I was still staring at him, albeit him shaking his head.

"Don't you ever try to release him again, Arthit." Knot hissed in exasperation as he binds the chain onto the hook that was built into a wall and I knew, this time I wouldn't have any chance to escape anymore.

"Y-yes, P'Knot." I could sense his disinclination when he answered Knot.

"And you, don't you try to use any of your aptitude on Arthit to provoke him in releasing you." He growled while glaring at me and I decided to pretend not to understand him as I tilted my head, looking at him with eyes full of innocence.

"I know who you are. So drop the act." He said again and I let out a soft meow despite the aching on my throat.

"Just you wait!" He scoffed in rage before storming off, leaving Arthit and me alone in the rather chilly lab.

"Me..."

"No, Kongpob." He stopped me instantly with a whisper and I'd mind-linked him instead.

"I'm sorry, Arthit. I really didn't know that DT10 could do that to me... I..."

"It's alright, Kongpob. I'm sorry too... I shouldn't blame you when you're not sober too because of the drug. I was just so mad at the situation, so distraught that my life was royally fucked up." His eyes were brimming with tears filled with remorse and perturbation," If I didn't try to get rid of you, you wouldn't be in this state... you wouldn't...."

"No, it's not your fault neither it is ours... Let's just stop blaming each other, okay? I still need your smile to lighten my heart." I stretched my lips into a small smile when he too broke into a fit of chuckle as he used the back of his hand to wipe away the tears streaming down his cheeks.

"We still have each other." He nodded and moved closer to me, carefully picking me up before engulfing me in his warm embrace.

"Thanks for telling me that I'm no longer alone." I placed my ear on his chest, hearing his every heartbeat and backed away slightly to place a kiss right above the place that held his heart.

My most precious love.
_______________________________________

Arthit's POV
"There will be a new batch of drugs coming in a week and I need you to help me with it. They'll be used on the neko and most importantly, some of it are inhalation drugs. They wouldn't have any effects on humans as I've known from the supplier and will only be able to affect nekos. But I still want you to be careful when you're handling them. I would be with you most of the time but the sponsors trusted me to take care of their new project as well and that would affect our future sponsorships so I'll be absent on some occasions. You got it?" P'Knot had convened an urgent meeting after he left Kongpob and I in the lab. Before leaving, Kongpob did explain further to me about being able to bear a child when I'm a neko as I'd specifically asked about it. But the condition is I need to be at least a neko with a teenage cat form or a fully grown adult cat form to be able to get pregnant and knowing that truth lifted a lot of weight off my shoulders.

"I understand, P'. You don't have to worry about the project on that neko." I replied to him half-heartedly.

"Great, I believed you had tested DT09 and DT10 on that neko?"

"Yes, P'. Unfortunately, except for fainting, those drugs still don't affect the neko. Is there a possibility that nekos are not sensitive to drugs used by our world?" I read through the report and tried to subtly convince him not to use anymore drugs on Kongpob. I wouldn't want any more incident exposing Kongpob as a neko to happen under P'Knot's supervision.

"That's not possible, Arthit. We'll see after trying those new drugs on that neko." But woefully, my intention had failed as he denied my prediction.

"Yes, P'." I stood in front of him as I reluctantly continued," P', can I still visit my mom..."

"No!" He fumed in annoyance abruptly as he got up from his seat and went to grab his coat," Don't let me repeat whatever I'd say, Arthit. You have no stand in negotiating."

And he put on his coat and left his office as I sighed defeatedly.

I was almost there. I was so close to starting my investigation on him.
_______________________________________

3rd Person's POV
Knot unbuckled his belt as he stepped out of his car. He looked up to the building ahead of him. It was a shabby and somewhat squalid apartment in a remote area. He didn't know why would that man choose to meet at a place so gothic and gloomy but he wasn't going to question further either.

'I'm here.' He texted a number and instantly received a reply.

'5th floor, Room 503.'

The reply was simple and he began to step foot into the lobby of the apartment. There's a man wearing soiled clothes lying on the ground and he immediately stares at Knot the moment he sees the newcomer, smiling sinisterly while eyeing the him. Knot fixed his clothes a little before grabbing some cash from his pocket and tossed it on the man as he quickened his pace to the stairs. It took him some time to finally walk up the stairs and arrive right in front of Room 503. He tidied his hair slightly before knocking on the door.

"Come in." The voice was croaky and grating. He pushed the wooden door and it creaked open as dust could be seen floating in the air when he entered the room. It stinks of putrid dead mice and mud, and the air was unpleasantly dank.

"Khun J." He called out, looking at the man with a pair of sunglasses and a cap, sitting on the couch in the dark.

"You're here, Knot."

"I wanted to confirm with you about my delivery..."

"Knot." The man called all of a sudden and Knot stopped speaking.

"I'm the one deciding everything. So... are you still going to teach me?" His voice sounded low but intimidating at the same time and Knot could only suck up his irritation towards that man.

"No, Khun. I was just..."

"When I said that it will arrive next week then it will. Do you have any questions left?" The man leaned back on the couch and grabbed a cigarette from the coffee table, lighting it as the fetid scent of smoke pervaded the air.

"No, Khun."

"Then leave." With that being said, Knot left the apartment, seethed with chagrin as he kicked the tyre of his car while he bellowed in anger. After composing himself, he then got in the car, leaving the isolated place.

A/N:
Thanks for reading.