Chapter 17

Arthit's POV
After speaking to Kongpob, I felt more relieved and invulnerable as I could finally express everything that I'd been hiding to myself all these years. It's true P'Knot had cut off every way for me to even contact my friends and my only two friends right now are an officer that once came to the research institute, and the other is a doctor working in the neurology department and would be doing regular checkups on my mom. P'Knot had kept away my phone and I wasn't able to get one myself as he would confiscate it every time I tried to buy one myself and I would be forbidden to visit my mom as the punishment. He had also threatened me that if I tried to ask help from my colleagues, he would stop supporting my mom's medical fees, leave her abandoned somewhere else and would make sure I would never be able to find her again. I was really frightened back then but this time, with Kongpob by my side, I decided to go against him, in secret. Hence, I was supposed to ask help from my doctor friend to help in approaching the officer to investigate all the vials I'd collected. But I'm now grounded and forbidden to even leave the institute for a month. Although I now knew Kongpob would always be at my side to guide me, I still have some confusions to clear.

"Kongpob, can you tell me more about yourself? About your world?"

"Sure. What do you wanna know, Arthit?"

"About mind links. You could've actually reached out to your family for help. But why didn't you?" I asked, picking up a food bowl and filling it up with some poached chicken that came with my salad for Kongpob.

"Mind links only work between members of the same kind and there are some constraints too. We could only mind link one person in a limited distance unlike the rulers of our kind. They have greater ability and could even mind link everyone at the same time without the concern of the distance between the sender and the recipient. That ability of theirs was actually passed down by the Elders to aid them in ruling the kingdom. The immediate royal family too are more special than normal nekos, most of them will have unique abilities. I do have the royal blood in me and that's why I've the ability to hypnotize which I'd just found out as well. But hypnotizing others was actually illegal back in our world and would be exiled if they were found breaking this principal. My maternal grandmother, a member of the royal family of the vampire kingdom, got married to the prince of the neko kingdom that eventually became the king, making my mom a royal neko as well. She was once a princess until she decided to turn down her title when she got married to my dad. But my siblings and I were still given the title of prince and princess although our family tried to refuse it as well. But His Majesty, my uncle, was adamant and he forbade us to turn it down. Hence, I am stuck with a title."

"Then, did the king try to mind link you?"

"Yes, I did receive a few mind links from my uncle asking about my whereabouts and demanded that I come back home immediately. But what could I do? I couldn't even answer him let alone ask for help and I bet it would be nearly impossible for them to even find me 'cause although we could smell each other, I did notice Knot placing some scent blocking agents around the lab and I bet he did placed it all around the institute to make sure I would never be found by my own kind until he was done with his own scheme."

"I-I didn't even notice that." I instantly looked around and saw a new pot of plant which I didn't even know existed.

"Yes, that plant was one of the ways for him to hide the blockers. He must have placed the blockers in the bushes, that way you'll never find out." Kongpob said as he licked on his fur.

"R-really?" I was about to go check on it but immediately halted. I would have alerted him if he found out that I knew about the blockers.

"Then what should we do? I couldn't get out and look for help for three more weeks. What if something happens in this period of time?"

"We'll have to figure it out and come out with a solution as quick as we can. But till then, we shouldn't do anything that would make him feel suspicious."

"You're right, I'll try to find a way to get out sooner."

I then spent some time with Kongpob, learning about his world, the kingdoms that exist. He told me about every kind having their own kingdom and ruler, and there is a group of Elders which are the former rulers to guide the current king. They would also make sure that the king has a good sense of justice and with true kindness and empathy when he rules, and not becoming a megalomaniac. The Elders too have special abilities but they would be passing them down to the future Elders as well, to guide the king for a better future for their kingdom and world. His world seems different than ours, way more peaceful and everyone there seems nice. At least from what Ive heard. I was quite looking forward to visiting his world one day, when everything ends._______________________________________
3rd Person's POV

"P', is there any news about Kongpob yet?" A woman barged into the King's chamber after his approval.

"I'm sorry, Cassey. I've tried to mind link him but he wasn't giving any response." The king sighed heavily, guiding his younger sister to sit on the couch as she was trembling with fear and worry over his nephew.

"But he's been gone for more than a month now. Anything could happen to him." Her whisper was barely audible and her eyes were already teary at the thought of her precious child getting hurt and being out and alone for such a long time.

"I've already sent some troops to search for him in the human world but we weren't getting much information." The king said and patted Cassey's shoulder as she broke out into sobs, clutching onto her dress tightly as her blackish cat ears flattened in despair.

"Don't worry too much, Cassey. We'll surely find him." The king consoled his sister, enveloping her into his warm embrace as she wailed mournfully.

"Your Majesty, we've just received some news regarding Prince Kongpob." A messenger spoke behind the door and the king immediately gave approval for him to enter his chamber.

"What did you find out?" The king straightened his posture and helped Cassey sit up as she was leaning into him before asking.

"Your Majesty, we've found a backpack by the alley of a nightclub and by the scent of it, it must have belonged to Prince Kongpob." The messenger greeted the king, bowing his head low as he said.

"Then did you find any traces of Prince Kongpob around the club?"

"I'm sorry, Your Majesty. We couldn't trace his scent around there except for the bag but we did find his clothes kept inside his backpack."

"H-his clothes?!" The woman stuttered as she rushed to grab the bag from the messenger, rummaging through it just to find the clothes that her son was wearing the day he left.

"W-why were they here? Did he really get caught by humans?"

"We're still investigating and searching for more clues, Your Majesty and I would like to request for more manpower so that we could probe for more traces."

"Approved." The messenger swiftly thanked the king before leaving and the moment he closed the door, the look of concern had replaced his cold demeanour.

"I want to follow them, P'." Cassey requested but was instantly rejected by the king.

"No, Cassey. You can't go out there, it's too dangerous."

"But Kongpob is in danger right now. I couldn't just sit here and wait." Her gaze glistened with persistence but the king wasn't going to make a concession either.

"Just wait at home, Cassey. I promise we'll find Kongpob as soon as we can." The king pleaded when he saw his beloved sister being obstinate and was going to risk her own life to enter the human world.

"No, P'. I..."

"Cassey!" The king's voice was stern and she was startled by it.

"Don't worry too much, I'll get Kongpob back unscathed. I gave you my word."

And the woman could only nod and leave the chamber, all the while feeling unsettled about her son's well-being.

A/N:
Hey guys, this will be the only update this week. I'm really sorry but I was kinda having a hard time writing the next chapter. Thanks for reading.