Epilogue

3rd Person's POV
"Are you sure, Arthit?" Looking at his boyfriend, Kongpob couldn't help but ask when he noticed Arthit's reluctant stares as they were standing in front of the portal with Kongpob's family and the royal guards. It was days later since the last trial and Knot was admitted into a psychiatric hospital after getting diagnosed having minor symptoms of double personality disorder. He would be temporarily living in the asylum and will be getting treatment until his conditions get better.

To Kongpob, it felt like it was only the Ittikorn's lawyer exaggerating that matter as from hearing the mother and son's previous conversation, he knew that Knot's mother would do everything just so that Knot could escape from getting locked up in prison. He'd once seen the mother and son fighting over this matter but his mother was adamant to fake the illness and Knot could only comply, if not, the lawyer would accuse that it was his sick-self speaking and enacting that he was alright.

For Arthit, he kinda felt pity for Knot but he doesn't want to get involved anymore, not when he, himself was already feeling really exhausted. Moreover, even though he knew that the disorder was faked by Knot's mother but he'd felt something odd with Knot that day when they last spoke. Nonetheless, he wasn't willing to get himself involved anymore and decided not to heed it.

But not involving in that conundrum is different from officially following Kongpob and migrating to their world, a whole new foreign place.

"It's okay if you're still unsure, Arthit." Kongpob spoke up when he noticed Arthit's eyes glimmering with tears and not a moment later, tears were already overflowing.

"Shh, it's okay." Kongpob whispered as he engulfed the other in his embrace, gently patting his back. Kongpob could sense Arthit feeling downhearted.

"C-can we come back and visit mom sometimes? I... I missed her." Arthit muttered, burying his face into Kongpob's chest as tears uncontrollably streamed, wetting his cheeks.

Arthit was still in a daze after everything that'd happened. He couldn't believe that he'd finally escaped Knot's grasp, he couldn't believe he's a Neko, he couldn't believe his mom had finally left him, he couldn't believe he has Kongpob by his side. Everything was still a blur and Kongpob was patient with him, consoling him when he's feeling down, embracing him when he was grieving for his mother. He was glad that he'd Kongpob with him, being the company that he never had, giving him unconditional love.

"Of course we can. We can come back anytime you want." Kongpob assuringly nodded to his parents when he felt their worried gazes while trying to comfort his boyfriend that's still sobbing in his arms.

"T-then, will you stay with me forever? I don't have anyone anymore... a-and if you leave me..."

"No, no, I won't ever leave you. I love you too much to even think about leaving you." Sniffling softly, Arthit nodded his head and tried to calm himself before letting go of Kongpob.

"We should go. I'm sorry for wasting your time." Arthit tried to smile as he said to the others present apologetically.

"No, it's alright. You can just take your time." Kongpob's mother came forward to the two, handing Kongpob a napkin as he took it and gently wiped off Arthit's tears. Mouthing a 'thank you' to Kongpob, he held the other's hand in his palm and looked at him with certainty.

"Let's go."

Everything ahead was still full of uncertainties, but he knew with Kongpob by his side, he'll never be afraid of the unknown. And maybe someday when he's strong enough, he can come back to this place again that was once filled with only ill memories. But for now, he's content with his decision and he knew he'll never regret it.

"Kongpob." He called out and Kongpob turned to look at him with soft gazes.

"Yes?"

"Thank you."

For bringing me out of my misery.

For accompanying me when I need someone by my side.

For loving me.

"I love you."

The End