Chapter 7

Arthit's POV
"Arthit, there's some issues with the sponsorships for our research institute so I need to leave and meet the sponsors in Belgium. I won't be around for about a week but I want the tests to continue. We need to get results as early as possible to convince them to continue their sponsorships." P'Knot grunted as he slumped heavily into the chair. He was massaging his temple with one hand and he was obviously fretting over this problem.

"I understand, P'. I'll continue with the tests on the neko." I said and saw him nodding his head.

"Great. As usual, carry out two tests on the neko using DT09 and DT10. Please be careful 'cause you're the only one in the lab and start testing DT09 on him today."

"Yes, P'. I will and you don't have to worry, Blackberry is tied up to the table. He won't be able to do anything."

"Okay, I'll be leaving this afternoon and I'd told the guard to let you out for two hours this Sunday."

"Really? Thanks, P'." I was exhilarated after hearing that I could go and visit my mom this Sunday. This is the chance for me to investigate everything.

"You can go now and please take care of yourself. Take your meals as you should and don't fall sick, alright?"

"Yes, P'. Have a safe flight." I paced a few steps back when he called out for me again.

"Arthit?"

"Yeah?"

"I..." I looked at him curiously, wondering what he was going to tell me,"Nothing... You can go now."

"Okay, P'. Bye."
_______________________________________

"Blackberry! I'm back!" I was almost yelling in excitement when I entered the laboratory.

"Meow?" He sat up sleepily and approached me.

"Let me tell you something. P'Knot won't be around for about a week, isn't it great?"

"Meow!" I could see something shone in his eyes as he nodded blissfully.

"I'll get you sushi tomorrow. There's a special salmon set on Tuesdays."

"Meow!" He hopped a little and started rubbing his head on my shirt.

"I know you're excited too, right?"

"Meow."

"Finally, some air to breathe." He was silent, lying his body to my side and I caressed his thick dark coat.

"But P'Knot said that we're gonna follow the plan and do a test on you today. You're alright with that, right?"

"Meow."

"Thanks, I'll give you more chicken for today's dinner."

"Meow."

"We'll start after lunch, alright? And I still need to tie you up."

"Meow."

"Okay then, I better start preparing." With that, I went to the preparation station and took out the report and some tools before busying myself.
_______________________________________

"Blackberry, are you ready?"

"Meow!" I looked at him and he was already lying on the table willingly.

"It might be a little painful but please bear with it." I said, walking up to him with the syringe and needle.

"Meow."

"Okay, I'll start now. Time, 2.00pm. Drug used, DT09. Subject, Blackberry." I looked at the report and read the recorded information before turning back to Blackberry. He was staring at me for a moment before shutting his eyes tight when he saw the needle nearing him. The needle pricked the skin of his nape and I pushed on the plunger as he weakly meowed because of the throbbing pain.

"Done. You can rest for a while, Blackberry and I'll continue with my job." I said while discarding the syringe and needle, removing the gloves too. I went back to the preparation station to do some cleaning. My back was facing the camera as I kept the used vial into my pocket and I didn't forget to throw something away that looks like a vial so that P'Knot won't be suspecting me if he rewatch the footage. When I was done with it, I looked at the clock and found that it was already half an hour  later since the drug was injected into Blackberry.

Then, all of a sudden, I heard something growling behind me and I was stunned for a moment.

Did something happen to Blackberry?

I took a few deep breaths before turning back and saw a human with cat ears and a tail sitting at the edge of the metal table.

"B-Blackberry?!" I stuttered in fright, looking at the figure in front of me and he shrieked loudly hearing me.

"W-wait! You're a neko!" I was petrified when I saw his eyes turning into a shade of white as he started screeching.

"Blackberry? Stop! S-stay calm!" I couldn't register what I was saying at the same time I saw him struggling to get the chain off of him. The loud clanking sounds thundering in the enclosed space and my heart was accelerating with his every yank.

"B-Blackberry?" I staggered as I tried to back away with my legs all stiff. My eyes were on him the whole time as he suddenly hollered one last time before the chain break and he dashed to me, hauling me to the ground.

"Arghh!" I fell to the floor with a loud 'thump' and my back was aching so bad but I couldn't bother the pain as he was still on top of me and I tried to push him off with all my might.

"Get off!" I trembled under his hold when his paws draped over my neck, choking me as his nails started pricking my skin.

"Get off of me! Please!" I could feel tears pooling in my eyes and flowed down my cheeks as I stared at him leaning closer to me while dreading in fear. His chest was on mine and I instantly shut my eyes as I felt his heavy breath hovering over my neck.

"Ahh!" I eventually bawled in agony when I felt his teeth piercing the skin of my neck and I felt my blood being drawn out.

My head was spinning as I stared at the blazing light which was getting blurry every second.

Help me...

A/N:
Hey guys, this scene was one of the scenes that came into my mind when I thought about writing this story. I did tag this story as fantasy but well, it'll be my type of fantasy. So be prepared to read something unusual. Hope you like it, thanks for reading.