Chapter 4

Kongpob's POV
It's been about a week since I was caught by a man named Knot and my life there was hell but there's something here making me feel exceptionally delighted.

"Good morning, Blackberry."

Arthit. The only sunshine beaming in this dark and suffocating laboratory.

"Meow." I wanted to turn into a human and maybe talk to him but I know it'll be too risky because one, I'll be found out by Knot that I'm a neko and two, I'll scare Arthit away which is worse.

"What do you wanna have today?"

"Meow." No cat food please. I'm really not a normal cat.

"Milk?"

"Meow." Better than that disgusting cat food.

"Okay then, milk for the kitten."

If only you knew Arthit that I'm already 250 years old. But my cat form is still a kitten and will be a young adult soon as I'm still considered young being a neko.

"Meow!"

"Stop trying to talk back with me, Blackberry. You're a kitten and that's unarguable."

It's funny that he talks to me, a cat and even understands me from my body language and meows. But well, I did enjoy his company.

"Meow." More milk please, I'm hungry.

"I'm sorry, Blackberry. You can't have too much today. P'Knot said he's going to do a test on you and you'll feel really sick if you consume too much food."

"Meow." Fine, but what test is he going to do?

"I'm not sure how long you'll be here, Blackberry. But please bear with it and be strong, okay?" He started caressing the back of my ears and I uncontrollably began to lean more into his touch as I started purring.

"I wish things weren't this complicated." I noticed him in deep dejection and I gazed at him.

"Everything will be fine, right Blackberry?" He smiled and I knew it's just a facade as I buried my face into his midriff, feeling the warmth emanating.

"Meow."
_______________________________________

"Arthit, we'll be using DT01 for the first test. I'll be injecting it into the neko in half an hour so be prepared." Knot said as he took out something from the cabinets. He came closer and I saw more chains.

"Yes, P'." Arthit glanced at me worriedly before taking out a syringe and needle, inserting it into a cylindrical vial and drawing out some translucent fluid.

My vision was intercepted as I saw Knot in front of me and I struggled to escape when he tried to hold me.

"Stay still, neko." He seethed and grabbed me by my nape as he tie my limbs, spreading them apart while I lay on the table on my stomach.

"Meow!" I screamed and Arthit immediately turned around, looking concerned.

"Are you done yet, Arthit?"

"N-no, P'."

"Then be quick!"

"Y-yes, P'."

Arthit glimpsed me for one last time before continuing with the preparations. The fear was evident in my heart but seeing Arthit in a daunted state makes me feel more worried for him instead of myself. A few moments later, he came with the syringe as his hands were trembling slightly when he gave it to Knot.

"Why are you shivering? Are you scared?" Knot asked and Arthit lowered his head, avoiding the intimidating glare.

"No, P'."

"Then look."

Arthit lifted his gaze hesitantly, staring at me perturbedly.

"Meow." I'm fine.

"Arthit, report."

"Yes, P'." He took the clipboard from the side and began writing.

"Time, 11.30am. Drug used, DT01. Subject, Blackberry?" Knot said, looking at the paper before turning to Arthit, obviously being confused by the name of the subject written.

"Yes, P'." He refused to gaze back at Knot and just continue recording.

Knot then returned to me with the syringe as he grabbed the skin on my nape, inserting the needle. He pressed the plunger flange and I could feel the fluid flowing into my blood, stinging painfully.

"Meow!" I couldn't help but to reach out my claws and scratched the table, leaving lines on the metal surface as I tried to endure the severe pain.

"Done." My sight was getting blurry and I lifted my gaze just to see Knot smirking at me while Arthit's eyes were turning glossy and teary.

Darkness began to envelope me and I unknowingly fainted on the cold surface.
_______________________________________

I didn't know how long I'd blacked out but when I started stirring awake, I saw Arthit sitting on a chair really close to me, staring blankly.

"Meow." I called out faintly but still managed to capture Arthit's attention.

"Blackberry? Are you alright?" He stood up from his seat as he began fussing over me, doing thorough body checkups.

"Stop, Blackberry. Don't try to stand or sit. You're still too weak now." He halted me that instance when he saw me moving to get up.

"Wait here, I'll get you some water." He said again before hurriedly grabbed a syringe and filled it with water.

"Here, drink it slowly." He placed the tip on my slightly ajar lips and I started licking on the water droplets.

"Okay, that's enough. You're not allowed to drink too much in one go." He stopped feeding me after a while and began caressing me softly.

"The results had shown that DT01 doesn't have any negative effect nor positive ones on you. But I guess you fainted because of the severe pain when inserting the drug." He explained and I peered at him while listening attentively.

"You're fine..." He forced out a smile and I saw his dimple flashing,"For now."

"Meow." I tried to assure him that it's alright as I thrusted my head into his palm. I wanted to wipe off his dispirited look and replace it with his usual bright smile. He shouldn't be this downhearted.

"Maybe..."

"We can only hope that maybe..." He didn't continue speaking but I know he has something hidden in his heart that he refused to even mention it.

"Meow." I'm here with you, so don't worry.

"Thanks, Blackberry. It's just you and me then." He whispers, finally smiling. His face glowing as his eyes twinkled.

"Meow." I nodded and he chuckled.

I can live my everyday life like this.

With him.

A/N:
Hey guys, I've tried to Google some dangerous drugs that were tested on humans and obviously I found nothing. So, I decided to create my own drugs' name. Hence, DT01 doesn't actually exist. But I did find out about something called first-in-human study. It's a type of clinical trial in which a new drug, procedure, or treatment is tested in humans for the first time. You guys can check it out yourself if you're interested to know more.
That's it from me, thanks for reading.