Chapter 29

3rd Person's POV
Gulping down a hard lump forming in his throat, Arthit tried to make himself comfortable on his seat.

How could he even feel comfortable around the man who was always mentally abusing him?

"What do you want, Knot?" He asked when he was slightly calmed and was able to look at Knot in the eyes. He was really shocked when Knot's lawyer came to him after the next trial and said that Knot requested his presence. That man even begged Arthit to follow him and despite Kongpob being really worried, Arthit had still agreed to follow that man.

"Arthit." Knot called out, his eyes on the man that he'd always fallen for. He still couldn't fathom why he'd decided to ruin their rather friendly relationship to something so toxic.

"If you're not talking, I'll leave. I don't have every day to play with your games anymore, Knot."

"Stop, please. I just wanted to speak to you, please listen out to me for one last time." There was a translucent glass between them and Arthit could almost see the tears forming in his eyes.

"I... I am really sorry for what I'd done and for what'd happened. It was all truly my fault."

"If that's what you're gonna say, then I think it's best for you to stop here. If you truly want forgiveness from me, from Kongpob, you should stop your shitty lawyer from spouting nonsense about innocent victims." Arthit could feel his heart burning in rage when he noticed in the court how the lawyer tried to manipulate him, Kongpob and even P'Lee into saying that they're accomplices or they're involved in this willingly so that Knot's sentence could be reduced.

"I'll tell him to stop, I'll accept what I truly deserve. I am sorry for what I did to you throughout these years and I... About Kongpob-"

"Stop." Arthit halted him and heaved a sigh, "Knot, I... I hope you've a good life."

With that he stood up and walked away from his seat.

"Arthit!" He stopped when he heard Knot calling out again. Hesitantly, he turned back to face him and was met with an innocent smile. Too innocent that he doesn't seem sane anymore.

"Arthit, I love you." He muttered with a brighter smile and Arthit was confused by it.

"Can you wait for me? Just a few years, Arthit and I'll be back by your side." His lips were ajar, but he couldn't seem to speak when he heard what Knot just said.

Did he hear him right?

"Knot-"

"Mr Arthit." But when he was going to speak, the lawyer that led him in stopped him and gestured him to leave.
______________________________________

"So... how was it?" Kongpob tried to appear casual asking him when he saw the latter coming out of the room but his tone was careful as he eyed Arthit.

"He was apologizing..." Arthit said with a loud sigh and Kongpob pulled him by his waist, embracing him tightly.

"It's okay if you don't forgive him, Arthit. The hurt you felt, it's still too raw. Forgive and forget is a choice, so just let time heal you and follow your heart." Nodding his head, Arthit nuzzled his nose on Kongpob's shoulder, sniffing the soothing scent and when he lifted his head slightly, his eyes met with a woman that was looking really pale. He took a step back and released Kongpob when he noticed that the woman was approaching them and a man with a hat and shades was grabbing her by her wrist. She was trembling and tears were brimming in her eyes.

"Knot..." She muttered when she was only a few feet away from the room that Arthit had just come out of and that's when Arthit knew where the sense of familiarity came from. She's the woman in the picture where Knot placed on his desk back in his office. He'd once told Arthit that his mother matter to him the most and he would do anything for her.