Chapter 28

3rd Person's POV
"I'll rephrase my question, Mr Arthit Rojnapat. Is it true that you're assisting the defendant in his research?" The defender said as his sharp gaze fell on Arthit that was seated on the witness stand.

"Yes."

"Then is it true that you willingly signed the contract with the defendant to work in his research institute?"

"Yes, but-"

"Then it is clear that Mr Rojnapat is and should be one of the suspects and not the plaintiff." A mischievous grin crept onto the defender's face as he saw Arthit started panicking.

"Objection, Your Honor, leading." The prosecutor said as he instantly stood up.

"The objection is overruled. Defender, please do not manoeuvre the witness' statement."

"Yes, Your Honor." The defender bowed slightly before continuing, "This record reflects on Mr Arthit Rojnapat's employment in the research institute."

He handed a file to the judge's associate before turning to look towards the jury box, "I believe as jurors, you are to believe to records and evidence."

"I have no more questions." The defender then gave Arthit a small smile, patted his coat and sat down.
_______________________________________

"Arthit, are you alright?" Kongpob asked as they exited the courtroom. Arthit tiredly nodded to him but his shoulders were slumped and he was obviously unsettled.

"I'm fine, just a little tired. I've been waking up early these few days." He smiled reassuringly and led the both of them out of the hall.

"You should rest more, Arthit. Don't go to work today." Kongpob inched closer to him, hugging the side of his waist as he leaned into Kongpob's embrace. Arthit had been working at a coffee shop that Beam owns since his mother's funeral was done. He needed money to survive and to pay for Kongpob's hospital bill. Kongpob had just gotten out of the hospital a day ago and Arthit wasn't too at ease to let him find a job as he felt that he hasn't recovered completely.

"I'm tired, Kong." He whispered and Kongpob could feel his shirt drenched with tears slightly.

"I know. You'll be fine, Arthit." He cupped his cheek lightly and lifted his head. His heavy dark circles accentuate his puffy eyes. His complexion was sickeningly pale compared to Kongpob's even though the latter was the one who'd got out just gotten out of sickbed.

"Don't worry, Arthit." He gently placed a kiss on Arthit's forehead as Arthit tried to relax in his arms despite his tense mood. He'd reluctantly let Kongpob go when he heard footsteps approaching them.

"Mr Kongpob." He was the judge's associate, "The judge would like to meet you, Mr. Kongpob."

"I know." Kongpob chuckled and Arthit was looking at him in surprise.

"The judge?"

"Yes and please, follow me." The judge associate quickened his pace and led them to the office.

"Kongpob." The judge walked up to them after waving off the associate and Kongpob briefly hugged him with a smile.

"I wasn't expecting to see you here, Aim."

"Me, neither. Who would've known that you got yourself into such big trouble after leaving home." Aim shook his head and turned to the still puzzled Arthit.

"Mr Arthit."

"Your Honor."

"Oh, don't call me that. I'm Kongpob's cousin, you can call me Aim for now." He reached out a hand and Arthit hesitantly shook it.