Chapter 27

WARNING!!!
This chapter contains mature content, slut shaming and cursing in the flashback part. Please do not read if you're not comfortable with it.
_______________________________________

Flashback Starts

Knot's POV
"Knot, you should leave now." I clenched my jaw when I heard my father's cold tone of voice. He was sitting on his chair, lighting a cigarette after tossing away my proposal which he called 'trash' from his desk.

Why?

Am I not his son?

"Son, you're here." I could feel my heart throbbing in pain when he called that man by the door his 'son'.

"Dad." He had a charming smile as he politely bowed to our father while greeting him. He's the definition of perfect in everyone's eye but I don't like him and I don't think I ever will.

I picked up the proposal from the floor and quietly left the room as the father and son reunited after a long business trip.

The moment I entered the car, I took out my phone and started calling her.

"Mom." I called out but I wasn't sure if she could even hear me. The opposite side of the call was getting noisy with the loud thumping music, shouts and cheers from a woman.

"Kn...knot? Why did you call?" I could hear her voice slurred as she giggled. Sounds of glass bottles clinking were heard and I knew that she wasn't sober.

Drugs and alcohol?

It's her norm...

"Father wouldn't accept my proposal. Can you... perhaps help me to persuade him when he meets up with you?"

"Meet up with me?!" She started laughing, "Are you still day-dreaming, Knot? Did you forget what happened? Did you forget what YOUR FATHER did to us?"

"... I know." I exhaled a deep breath when she continued.

"Then you should know that he would never listen to me or you."

"...Yes."

The woman in the call started chuckling as I heard some mumbling from the other side and a moment later, I could hear her lewd moans along with the groans of another man. I forcefully hung up the call, hurling the phone on the car seat.

She is so messed up.

She'd always been in such a mess.

Who would have thought that a nerd in high school like her would become so money hungry that she was willing to become a mistress to the head of the Ittikorn family. She thought she would be able to break the family apart if she's able to give birth to a boy.

But she never knew that she was actually manipulated by him.

There was never love between them.

Only lust and pleasure.

...But why am I the one suffering here for the consequences of their foolish decisions?

Am I too greedy to want to prove myself and claim my rights as his legitimate child? I even stooped low and worked hard just to build my own research institute. I needed to succeed so that he could finally accept me, so that the Ittikorns would accept me.

And the neko came. At such a perfect timing and who am I not to use it as a specimen?

If all of these could work well and I got to invent something as astonishing as a miracle to the world, then he'll accept me. Everyone will have to, even Arthit needs to.