Need Some Help?

Seonghwa was beyond overwhelmed.

First of all, it had never even occurred to him that Hongjoong would be the guy he was going on a double date with.

Secondly, he hadn't ever seen Hongjoong looking this fucking good.

He was wearing the same outfit from before and Seonghwa was glad to see it again. Hongjoong looked a bit shy now that he was being stared at but it just made him cuter.

He himself was still incredibly embarrassed. He had only accepted Jinyoung's invite because he said the other guy was just one of his boyfriend's underclassman friends. And Seonghwa thought that Jackson was his boyfriend.

Instead, it was the same guy that made Jinyoung leave the cafe the other day. But he didn't question it. He figured it wasn't his place.

He looked over at Jinyoung, unable to extinguish his annoyance. It felt a bit too strange to be coincidence.

At the moment, Jinyoung was pouting, waiting for Jaebeom to share a bite of his breadstick. Jaebeom sighed and obliged and Jinyoung happily pulled a piece off the end. He rolled his eyes and looked back to Hongjoong.

He noticed that Hongjoong kept zoning out and then snapping back to reality. He must really be deep in thought about the study event tonight.

Maybe he would want to discuss a plan?

Seonghwa was about to ask when Jaebeom scooted out of his chair and announced they would be heading around the mall.

Seonghwa stood up and waited for Hongjoong who was still in his chair.

"Coming?" he asked, a little irritably.

"Yes just give me a second, God," Hongjoong snapped, rolling his eyes.

Seonghwa bit back an irritated quip and instead took a step back crossing his arms.

Hongjoong finally stood up and immediately followed after Jinyoung and his boyfriend, not even waiting for Seonghwa. He groaned and followed after. This would be a long day.

The first stop they made was Bath & Body Works as Jinyoung was looking for new candles for his apartment. He kept making Jaebeom smell them for him but Seonghwa couldn't help but think Jaebeom didn't have the best taste in candle scents. He didn't seem like he cared all that much.

Hongjoong was excitedly traveling from shelf to shelf, sampling every perfume he could reach. It was giving Seonghwa a headache.

Eventually he reached a shelf that was just out of his reach and he pouted, looking up at it. Seonghwa sighed.

"Need some help?"

"No, I've got it."

Hongjoong squatted down, preparing to jump.

"Let me help you! You're going to knock something down," Seonghwa groaned, nervous for the towering shelf of perfume.

"It's fine, I'm used to it," Hongjoong smiled and hopped up.

He clearly didn't gauge his jump well and he started to fall forwards toward the shelf. Seonghwa cried out and grabbed his waist, yanking him back and falling down to the ground. A few bottles fell to the ground at the impact of Hongjoong's hand.

Seonghwa groaned, his tailbone definitely bruised from the rough landing. Hongjoong quickly leapt up, grabbing all of the bottles that hit the ground, checking for cracks.

"Seonghwa I am so sorry! I swear I was all set until my foot slipped!" Hongjoong blurted as he sighed, seeing none of the perfume had broken.

"It's fine."

Seonghwa was still on the ground, rubbing his back.

"Really, I'm really sorry. I should've just let you help—"

"I said, it's fine. Nothing broke right?"

"Well no but—"

"Then it's fine."

Hongjoong looked at him with sad eyes and Seonghwa had to look away as he stood up.

Seonghwa was about to walk away and see what the other two were doing, wanting to avoid Hongjoong for the moment, but he heard a small voice.

"Seonghwa hyung?"

Seonghwa was shocked to hear "hyung" from Hongjoong, as they were practically the same age.

Hongjoong was sitting on the ground holding one of the perfumes, his round eyes looking up at him.

"Y-yes?" Seonghwa asked, still caught off-guard.

"Can you help me?"

Hongjoong pointed at the shelf and Seonghwa saw that the perfume had come from the top shelf. He laughed and shook his head, taking the bottle from Hongjoong and placing it above. Even Seonghwa had to stand on his tip toes.

He looked back down at Hongjoong and extended a hand, and Hongjoong accepted gratefully. Holding his tiny fingers in his own gave Seonghwa the biggest blush and he quickly turned back to the shelf to hide it.

"So, what perfume were you trying to reach?" he asked, trying to redirect the conversation.

"Oh it's okay I don't need—"

"Which one?"

"Seonghwa you really don't have to—"

"Hongjoong. Just tell me which one and I'll grab it."

"Moonlight Path."

Seonghwa saw it was easily in reach and grabbed it, bringing it down to Hongjoong.

He grabbed Hongjoong's wrist and twisted it in his hand, giving him a spritz. Hongjoong pulled his wrist in and sniffed it, looking up at Seonghwa and then smiled.

"I really like this one," he grinned. Seonghwa felt another blush coming on.

He tried to look away but Hongjoong stuck his wrist in his face.

"What do you think?"

Seonghwa unintentionally inhaled the scent and immediately felt butterflies. It smelled like home.

"Yeah, it's nice," he mustered and Hongjoong pulled his arm back gleefully.

He grabbed Seonghwa's wrist and dragged him to the checkout counter. Seonghwa was very glad to be wearing a lot of foundation. Otherwise his blazing hot cheeks would be very apparent to everyone in the store. He felt a small hand wrap around his and looked down.

"Thanks, Hwa."

Seonghwa was going to explode. Tiny hands?? Perfect smile??? Nickname!?

"Yeah," Seonghwa managed and turned his attention to the cash registers. He didn't let go just yet.

The line was short so they made it to the front rather quickly and Seonghwa was disappointed when Hongjoong had to grab his wallet and let go of his hand.

They finished checking out and went back to the front of the store to meet Jinyoung and Jaebeom. Jinyoung had bought a few candles and shampoo for Jaebeom. Seonghwa felt Jinyoung analyzing his face for signs of what had happened but Seonghwa maintained a poker face.

At least he hoped so. He could've sworn he saw Jinyoung smirk at him before they went to move on to the next store.