KQ

Seonghwa woke up with a crick in his neck and reached a hand up to straighten it out, but was stopped by a mass to his side.

He looked down to see Hongjoong still laying on his chest. His arm was trapped between the bed and Hongjoong's back.

He smiled and used his other arm, trying not to twist too much. He really should've grabbed a pillow.

He didn't know what to do, not wanting to wake Hongjoong but needing to get ready for the day, so he sat still for a bit considering his options.

He decided Hongjoong probably had classes too so he shook him lightly, running his free hand through his hair.

Hongjoong grumbled and opened his eyes, a little confused.

"Morning," Seonghwa smiled.

Hongjoong looked to his side and smiled back, wrapping his arms around Seonghwa, his hands tucked into the long sleeves adorably.

"Morning," he responded with a soft yawn.

Seonghwa rubbed his back with his newly freed arm and tried to shake out the ache of being smushed all night.

"What time is it?" asked Hongjoong suddenly worried.

"It's only 7, I tend to wake up early," responded Seonghwa and Hongjoong sighed.

"Good. I was worried since—"

"You always sleep late?" smiled Seonghwa and Hongjoong laughed.

"I keep forgetting that we already know each other. It seems like my roommate from freshman year is a completely different person," Hongjoong laughed but Seonghwa cringed a bit.

"I'm still sorry about—"

"Doesn't mean I don't like both of them equally," smiled Hongjoong and Seonghwa blushed a little.

They sat awhile before Hongjoong realized he would have to leave before anyone else on the floor woke up. If anyone saw him leaving they might think something else.

"Well I should probably—"

"Yeah, of course!"

"Alright. I'll get going then. I'm really glad we talked," Hongjoong said softly.

"Me too."

He gave Seonghwa one last squeeze before heading to the door to listen for noise. It sounded clear so he cracked it open a bit and peeked out.

There was no one in the hallway so he smiled back at Seonghwa and hurriedly ran back to his own room.

Seonghwa couldn't believe he had just spent the night sleeping next to Hongjoong.

He sat and thought about last night. He still felt horrible for what Hongjoong was going through right in front of him. How could he have been so blind?!

He hated himself for it but he knew there was no point in thinking about the past.

If he wanted to make it up to him, he'd have to do something now.

As much as he wanted to give him money—since he had plenty to spare—he knew Hongjoong would never accept it, and that he would feel guilty about it.

So he needed something better.

He tried to think of something he could do for Hongjoong that no one else could.

The best way he could help him would be to use his influence.

He tried to remember all of the companies his father had ties to, hoping one of them might be a music company. His father tried his best to stay away from them but if he would gain a significant profit from partnering with them, he often partnered anyways.

Finally, it struck him.

KQ!

KQ was a big entertainment company that was always looking for new young artists to work with. If he could get them to listen to Hongjoong for an audition, there's no way he wouldn't get in.

But then he would have to warn Hongjoong in advance so he'd have enough time to prepare something. He wouldn't want to make it such a surprise that he wasn't ready and failed.

Seonghwa thought about his options.

He decided he would try to sneak some answers out of Hongjoong the next time they talked to see how he would feel about it.

He smiled to himself.

His plan was genius. He just needed to make sure Hongjoong thought so too.