Chapter 1

Krist's POV
As soon as I returned home from work, I dashed to the bathroom and took a bath.

'Jinx is streaming live now.'

The moment I stepped out of the bathroom, I received a notification on my phone as I instantly went to turn on my laptop, logging in my account to a live streaming app.

"Hey, guys. This is Jinx here." As I entered the live stream, I heard a rather familiar voice and quickly plugged in my earphones.

"So based on the petition I made yesterday, we're going to play Resident Evil 8: Village, today." I looked at the screen and saw the streamer entering the game.

He's the only gaming live streamer I'd been following for about 2 years since he first started this career. At first, I wasn't really interested in gaming at all but because of Jinx, I've started watching games related videos and even tried playing myself.

Jinx is special, too special in fact. He's one of the few popular streamers that had never made an appearance in his online streams. Nobody knows what he looks like and that makes him more mysterious.

"This is one of the games I've been looking forward to this year. I've heard that the graphics will be great." I was lying on my stomach while watching the video.

"So let's get into this. We'll try standard first cause I'm not sure if I could handle hardcore." He chuckled a little and my heart quickened hearing that light laugh.

I'll be honest...

I'm actually quite obsessed with his voice.

Deep and mellow.

And I admit, at first, I was following his videos just because I wanted to hear his voice but I eventually grew to like him as a person as he would never curse like other streamers. In truth, he's very polite and would always be caring to his viewers. I eventually grew to like his personality too and he's the one introducing me to a whole new world in gaming.

"It's already 7pm in Thailand. Don't you guys need to have dinner?" He questioned all of a sudden when he's watching the intro of the game and soon the live chat was full of replies.

"Krist, dinner's ready!" I heard my mom yelling but I'm actually really looking forward to today's video.

So...

"I'm on a diet, mom. You guys go ahead." I said and quickly averted my gaze back to the screen.

"Well, the intro was quite okay... Wait! She's reading this creepy story to a baby!" Jinx exclaimed and I saw on the screen that a woman was reading a book to her baby in her arms,"The details... Hmm, really cool but still she shouldn't read that to a baby."

"Krist Perawat!" I was so into the video when my mom suddenly barged into my room and I quickly slammed my laptop shut.

"Mom, what are you doing?" I sat up on the bed, taking off my earphones.

"It's dinner time already." She's standing with her arms akimbo as she glared at me.

"I've said that I'm not having dinner tonight, mom."

"I've specially prepared your favourite dishes and now you're telling me you're not eating?"

"I'm on a diet, mom. I'm not eating after 7pm."

"You should've told me earlier, young man and you're going to have dinner now."

"But mom..."

"No buts!"

She left while I stared at my computer, sighing in defeat.

Well, I can't actually blame my mom. I was the one asking her to cook my favourites yesterday and I'm not actually on a diet. I was in fact starving when I got off from work.

But Jinx's live streaming is way more tempting.

"Perawat Sangpotirat!"

"Coming mom."

And all I could do is hope that Jinx would still be streaming after I'd dinner.
_______________________________________

"Please still be streaming." I begged when I turned on my laptop on my bed and I was relieved to see him still online.

"Yes!" I instantly put on my earphones just to hear him bidding goodbye.

"That's it guys. I'll be streaming at the same time tomorrow. Goodbye."

Arghhhhh!!!!!

How could I miss it?!!

And the worst thing is it couldn't be replayed, I couldn't watch back at all.

What could be worse?!!

......

Ring. Ring.

I picked up my phone and saw the caller's id.

'P'John.'

"Hello, P'John."

"Good evening, Krist."

Receiving a call from your employer after work means bad news.

"Is there anything..."

"We'll be having a meeting tomorrow at 8am sharp and I need the proposals to be done before 7.30am. So please come into the office around 6. Thank you."

"Yes, P'John."

Someone?!!

Kill me! Please.

Can this day be any worse?
_______________________________________

Beep. Beep.

My sleep was interrupted by my buzzing phone alarm and I reached out to turn it off.

Hmmm....

5.30am.

Still early, I could go back to sleep.

Wait a minute!

5.30am???

"Oh shit! I'm so gonna be late today." I immediately jumped off the bed, rushing to freshen up and change into my work clothes before grabbing my keys.

The sky was still so dark and I shivered slightly when the cold breeze blew. The streets were very quiet and there weren't any passersby.

I walked to the parking lot and started my bike, riding it at full speed while wishing that I wouldn't be late.

My day is getting worse every second.

A/N:
Hey guys, this is a new story of mine and it's my first time writing Krist and Singto as my main characters. I've noticed that Singto used Jinx as his gaming id (correct me if I'm wrong) so I'll stick to that id too.
Resident Evil 8 is actually one of my favorite games and I too like to watch gaming live streams. Hence, I'll be using that game in this story but that won't be the only game I'll be using. And I hope that you guys won't think that it's weird that Krist is obsessed with Jinx's voice cause I do watch videos from certain steamers just because their voice is dulcet and I love Singto's voice when he speaks in a certain way.
Thanks for reading and please bear with my mistakes. Happy reading.