Chapter 27

Krist's POV
This is utter bullshit!

I glared at the direction of the CEO's office, fuming internally.

"Kit, are you even hearing me?!" I was startled by P'Jan and immediately averted my gaze back to her.

"H-huh?"

"Seriously, I've been talking to you for over 5 minutes, yet you're not even paying attention to me." She clicked her tongue, feeling irritated by my behaviour.

"I'm really sorry, P'Jan. I just haven't been feeling quite right lately." I explained to her as I lowered my head apologetically and I heard her heavy sigh.

"I had kinda grasped what happened between you and the CEO."

"Is it that obvious?" I looked up at her again and she nodded.

"It's quite obvious to me but don't worry, I don't think the others noticed."

"I was just feeling unsure, P'Jan. I... I'm scared."

"Well, you don't have to, Kit. Sometimes it's better to follow your heart rather than that overthinking brain of yours." She poked on my forehead hard and I winced a little, "Now set all of your thoughts aside, we've lots of work to do. I need you to contact these clients for Khun Singto for the upcoming projects and regarding the partnership between two parties. The details are all recorded in this folder so do read them before getting in touch with the clients."

I grabbed the folder she handed and stopped her when she was about to leave, "Did the CEO tell you to inform me to do all these?"

"Unfortunately yes. Please do talk it out sooner." She glanced at me worriedly for one last time before leaving for her desk.

Giving me space and time to think.

Heck he was avoiding me as if I'm some sort of a virus. I couldn't even get a glimpse of him since two days ago.

And I don't like how he's avoiding me.

I missed him... so damn much.
_______________________________________

Singto's POV
I rubbed on my throbbing temple exasperatedly as I reached out to unlock the door. These few days had been really hectic at work and avoiding Krist was also giving me a headache.

God knows how I longed to even talk to him but at least I'd been able to peek at him from my office through the one-way window. I did notice the dark circles under his eyes and how he constantly spaced out during work.. But I couldn't do much, everything is up to him now. I'd told him my stand and now it's his to decide.

I sighed defeatedly and turned the door knob when a hand grabbed on my shoulder.

"P'Sing!" I instantly turned and faced my neighbour.

"Krist?" I took a step back, distancing us.

"P'Sing, I've something to say. No no no, I've a lot to say." He was trembling slightly as he speaks.

"Wait, Kit. Calm down, whatever it is, you need to stay calm."

"But I can't, P'Sing!" He choked on an audible sob as I saw tears streaming down his cheeks, "I can't, P'Sing. I'm afraid, really afraid."

I swiftly pulled him into my embrace as he started sobbing louder. I could only gently pat his back as he muttered incoherently.

"P'Sing... I'd never doubt you or your feelings for me, I was just afraid of how our relationship would affect others. I was a coward, I'm scared... But I couldn't bear it if you're not here, by my side anymore." He murmured between hiccups and I softly planted a kiss on his hair.