Chapter 26

Krist's POV
What am I even doing?

I'd agreed to go out on a date with P'Singto, my supposed employer.

Is it bad news?

Yes.

But it's good news, personally.

Although there's still an issue regarding this matter... I shouldn't have been so careless and impetuous to agree on a date with him.

What if he hasn't really thought of everything through?

What if WE couldn't work out?

I shouldn't have been so heedless...

"Kit, what's bugging your mind?" P'Jan scooted her office chair closer to me as she chewed on a candy bar.

"Don't you need to take care of your sugar intake? P'Nin will surely nag you if she finds out."

"Then, don't tell her. So, what's it with you?" She asked again and I looked around for a moment, finding my colleagues all very immersed in their own work.

"Aren't you afraid of getting caught gossiping at work?"

"Not really and stop trying to get rid of me."

"Fine, I'll tell you after work, okay? I don't wanna get a scolding from the new CEO on his first day of work." I pushed her chair away from my desk and she sulkily scooted back to her place.
_______________________________________

"So, care to tell me what'd happened?" P'Jan inquired as she picked up a piece of pork and dipped it into the pot of boiling hot soup.

"There's been too much going on lately and I was just kinda lost right now. I don't know what I should do, P'Jan."

"You're still thinking and considering too much? You're always thinking about stuff that doesn't really matter to the people around you."

"But wouldn't it be bad if one day that the news about me being gay spread all around? My parents' company reputation would be ruined just because of that and let's not say how P'Singto would also get affected as well if he was found with me." I muttered and P'Jan spat out the piece of pork that she had just placed in her mouth.

"P'S-Singto? You mean our CEO, Khun Singto?"

"Yes, it's him."

"And what do you mean 'if he was found with me'?"

"I kinda... like him and he likes me too."

"That's... I'm speechless. How did all that happen in one day?" P'Jan was gawking at me and I rolled my eyes at her as I shoved another piece of meat into her mouth.

"He... He's my neighbour..."

"...."

"That I'd a crush on." I murmured, looking down on my plate, taking a deep breath as I continued, "I had just found out that he's the CEO of Ruangroj Corporation today and we cleared off some misunderstandings over lunch. He... he asked me out too."

Recovering from the immense shock, P'Jan chewed on the meat and swallowed as she cleared her throat, gazing at me.

"I'll be honest, Kit. If you take everything personally, then it would be great that the both of you could finally be together. But if both corporations are involved, you know that chaos would be inflicted with the media exaggerating those true and false."

"I understand that very well, P' but I'm not sure about P'Singto, what he was actually thinking. What was troubling me the most now is that P'Singto still asked me out on a date even though he might have known about all the consequences of our relationship."