Chapter 2

Krist's POV
I was still behind time even though I had rushed all the way.

"I'm sorry, P'John." I apologized to P'John the moment I arrived at the office, bowing with sincerity.

"It's alright, Krist." His hand crept onto my arm as I felt goosebumps all over.

"Umm... Let's just get to work, P'." I tried to subtly withdraw my arm but his grip was tight on me.

"Sit here." He dragged me to the chair opposite of his desk and pushed me into the seat before going to his personal pantry.

"Have some coffee." He placed a cup of coffee on the desk, leaning unnecessarily close to me.

"Thanks, P'." I took the cup and forced myself to drink a few sips under his gaze,"Let's just get to work."

And I was lucky when he finally went back to his seat and started focusing on the documents scattered around his desk.
_______________________________________

"Thanks for attending the meeting today. I look forward to a smooth cooperation, Khun." P'John stood and bowed to our clients as I followed suit while carrying his files. He then sent one of the secretaries to see the clients out and I followed behind him back to our department.

"It's already lunch time, Krist. Why don't we have lunch together?" He asked as he tried to reach out and grab my tie. But I was quick to walk to my table, just in time to avoid his touch.

"I've some more work to do, P'." I said to him, smiling remorsefully.

"Then it's alright." He said and turned to invite another female colleague instead.

And I was really relieved.

"Do we need to help you bring something back?" He questioned and I saw him covertly placing his hand on the small of the colleague's back as she smirked at me.

"It's alright, I can grab something myself from the cafeteria." I grinned at both of them and the moment they left, I slumped back to my seat.

It has been more than a year since I started working as a secretary in Ruangroj Corporation and I've worked under P'John, the CEO since then. He was the nephew of the company's owner and all the employees are afraid of him, including me. I didn't want to lose my job. It was never easy to get into a well-known and large company and I wasn't willing to resign because of P'John.

P'John or I would rather call him Khun John if he didn't force me to call him P'.

I don't like him. He's... He's a player that swings both ways for sure but what discomforted me and irritated me was that he would try to flirt with me and even touch me while eyeing at me innocently.

I know it was actually an act of sexual harassment but the way how all the other secretaries enjoyed his attention was making me hesitate to leave. I was thinking that maybe if he kept his focus on them, then he'll leave me alone. And I was grateful that they took away most of his attention although he would sometimes flirt with me too. But I was smart to act oblivious as he felt vapid to even try teasing and talking to me.

"Krist, can you help me with this proposal? Khun John wants it to be done by this evening." I was startled from my stupor as I looked up to see one of my best friends at work, P'Jan. She's already in her mid 40's and obviously, P'John wasn't interested in her but was amazed by her efficiency in working.

"I'll help you with them, just tell me what to do." I said as I went to her desk, taking down some notes regarding the proposal.

My mom had actually told me that with my personality, I would easily get bullied at work. But I don't think so when I'm with P'Jan. She's a kind woman with 3 kids and a wife. She always brought me some mouthwatering cookies and cakes made by her spouse and she even invited me to her children's birthday parties. We're really close friends even though our age difference is almost 25 years apart and she cared for me like how an elder would.

"Thanks for helping me, Krist. Take this, I've noticed that you're gonna skip lunch today." She said, placing a sandwich on my palm. She's one of the people who knew how I despised P'John's way of treating his colleagues and would be the first to help me if I've faced any problems.

"It's alright, P'. Thanks for the lunch." I muttered and playful winked at her as I took the sandwich and the files back to my desk.

Well, today is going to be a busy day.
_______________________________________

"Mom, I'm home!" I yelled the moment I unlocked the door and saw my parents laying out the utensils on the dining table.

"Just in time for dinner. Go wash your hands." Mom said as she sat on her chair, piling up my plate with rice.

"I'm not hungry, mom. I've some work to do so I'll be in my room." I said while loosening my tie. It's true that I've some work left but the main reason for me skipping dinner is Jinx's live stream.

Yes, I'm actually a crazy fan of his but none of my friends and parents knew.

"Jan just told me you skipped lunch." Mom said as she glared at me.

Yeah, one more thing, P'Jan and mom were actually friends. They clicked the moment they met when I was accompanying my mom to buy groceries. Since then, she's like my mom's spy, helping mom to watch over me at work.

"But I'm not..."

"Stop saying that you're not hungry and come sit here." Hearing that, I heaved a sigh of defeat and walked to the dining table.

It was 45 minutes later that I'm done with dinner and bathing as I finally jumped into bed with my laptop. I dug out my earphones and plugged it in as I turned on my laptop.

"We've arrived at the house. Oh, there's people in it." I heard Jinx exclaim and his soothing voice was easing my exhaustion.

I laid on my side, watching the screen and I'd eventually closed my eyes, listening to him only. His rich and profound voice slowly lulled me to sleep and I'd dozed off after a hectic day, tugging in my blanket.

A/N:
Thanks for reading, voting and commenting.