Chapter 8

Singto's POV
Ring. Ring.

When our lips were merely an inch away, Krist's phone rang and broke the ambiguous atmosphere between us. And all I could do was to step back and lean against the wall behind me as I watched him picking up the phone call.

"Hello, P'John?"

"Yes yes, I'm fine now."

"Wait, really?!"

"But how?!"

"Okay, I'll be there in 10."

His tone of voice became anxious at the end of the phone call as he instantly rushed to his room and within 5 minutes, he came out wearing a blue button down shirt and black trousers, his shoulder carrying a briefcase.

"I'm sorry, P'Sing but I've to go now."

"But you're on your lift and your parents have forbidden you to go to work."

"There's some issues with the contract regarding our latest project and I need to be there to assist my employer. I'll explain to my parents when I'm back home. Goodbye, P'Sing. I'll see you later." He said in a hurry as he wore his shoes and grabbed his keys. I followed him till the elevator and stood there waiting together with him.

"Please take care of yourself, Krist. Don't make both your parents and me worry about you anymore." I muttered when the elevator door opened but he hastily nodded and got on the elevator, leaving without giving me any replies.

It took me a moment to realize what I've done in his house and in front of the elevator as I couldn't help but to facepalm myself out of embarrassment.

Seriously, what are you doing, Singto? How could you shamelessly flirt with him?

But all in all, I've found out that I've a crush on my cute neighbour.
_______________________________________

Krist's POV
When I was back home from work, it was already two days later and guess what? My parents were fuming in rage when they found out about me insisting to go to work even though I'm on a sick lift.

"Kit, what have I told you?" Dad snapped at me as I took a step out of the bathroom, the first place I went after I came back home.

"I..."

"What am I to you? Can't you understand every word I said?"

"I'm sorry, dad..."

"Kit, you'd promised us and yet, you're willing to break it and risk your health again. Do you wanna worry us that much?" Hearing him, I was feeling really guilty because I was the one who made the promise, I was the one who broke it and I was the one constantly making both my parents concerned about me when they shouldn't be as I'm already a grown-up that could manage myself very well.

"I'm sorry, dad, mom. I won't deny that I'm wrong in breaking the promise and that my health should be my main concern. But there's a problem with the contract that we've been preparing for months and I couldn't just stand idle. I don't want my hard work to go to waste either." I explained as I clutched onto the hem of my shirt tightly, all the while staring at the ground.

"We understand that your work is your main priority but Kit, think of us sometimes. I know we might pressurize you every time we say that you're our only child and we can't imagine what we'll do if something happens to you... But Kit, you're really our only treasure." Mom mumbled as she caressed my cheek and lifted my head slightly. I gazed into her eyes and saw her care and love towards me.

"I'm sorry. I promise I won't repeat this mistake again." I engulfed her into a hug and lay my head on her shoulder, feeling her soothing warmth.

"It's alright, Kit. Just... maybe give us a call when you're not coming back or when you've emergencies, okay?" She whispered by my ear and I promptly nodded. After a while, I let go of her and looked at dad as he suddenly grinned sheepishly.

"Come give your dad a hug too." He exclaimed and I immediately rushed into his open arms.

"Sorry, dad. I'll never make you worry over me again."

"Yeah, I believe you, son." He muttered sarcastically before speaking up again in a light and gentle tone,"Parents will always be concerned about their children and you can't change that fact."

"I..."

"But you can lessen it, like maybe updating your life to us sometimes. Let us know more about you."

"Okay, dad." I murmured, tightening the embrace.
_______________________________________

Well, in the end my dad actually called P'John and told him to replace my well deserved break and P'John agreed to it immediately. So I was now back in my home, lying on the bed feeling extremely bored.

Then, something came into my mind abruptly.

Why don't I take this spare time to play some games to sharpen my skills? That way when I invite P'Singto to play I won't embarrass myself.

With that, I took out my laptop and plugged it in before turning it on as I started searching for my headphones. After preparing everything, I looked through the games that were already downloaded on my computer and found the only multiplayer game on it. I clicked it in and waited for a moment for it to set up.

It had been months since I played and I sucked at playing it to begin with. So as predicted, in that 1 hour of playing, I died almost instantly each match and I could hear my poor teammates yelling harsh words at me.

"Practice makes perfect, Kit." I consoled myself, hoping that I would eventually improve with time as I joined a new match with a new batch of teammates as my last one had eventually kicked me out of their team.

"Guys, a new teammate has joined us." I froze when I heard an exceptionally familiar voice. I, on that instant, scrolled through the IDs of my teammates and there I saw it.

Jinx.

A/N:
Hope you guys enjoy this chapter and I won't be updating this story this week anymore. Thanks for reading, voting and commenting. Have a nice day.