Chapter 34

Krist's POV
"Kit, do you wanna join me, Tay and New for a game tonight?" I heard P'Sing asked as he entered my room with a piece of muffin on a dessert plate and a cup of tea after knocking on the door.

"Sure, I needed to release some stress anyways." I agreed and pushed away the book I was reading about raw materials as he placed the muffin and tea on my desk. I picked up the muffin and took a few bites, humming at the richness of the chocolate in that dessert.

"We're planning to start streaming around 8 for about two hours. You can join in late or leave earlier if you're busy." P'Singto was visiting my home too often that it felt as if he's already living with me in the same house. When I was still wasn't used to it, I'd appeared in front of him with only a loose shirt and boxer hanging on my body. I didn't know he was there until dad reminded me and he, himself, wasn't quite pleased with it. I'm still not used to it up till this day and he would sometimes sneak into my bedroom after getting my parents' approval. Dad wasn't actually happy with how frequently P'Sing had been showing up but he eventually came around. He even bought a new espresso coffee machine after getting to know their same interest on brewing their own coffees and loving the taste of it. I remembered side-eyeing him when he tried to mask his enthusiasm while sipping on the first cup of espresso that they made together.

"I'm free around 8."

"Great, we'll be playing horror games tonight with Tay and New." He said, typing on his phone and I turned to glare at him.

"Horror? But I don't wanna do horror games." I whined to him and he lifted his gaze from his phone.

"But we'd planned to play that game a week ago."

"You're doing it on purpose." I pouted at him when I noticed the playful glint in his eyes.

"So what if I am?" He smirked at me and I placed the muffin by his lips.

"You're a meanie." He took a bite of my muffin that I'd already savoured half and instantly frowned.

"Your mom is lying. It's still really sweet." He said as I took another bite on the muffin.

"Is it?" I said while still chewing on it.

"I don't really like food that are sweet."

"I know." I hummed at the chocolate bits in the mouthful of muffin.

"Because you're sweet enough for me." He pecked on the corner of my lips and I was startled. When he backed off, I saw his lips stained with chocolate crumbles.

"Yuck." I rolled my eyes at his cheesy words and helped wiping off the chocolate stain on his lips. After getting together with P'Singto, he's getting more and more flirty, always throwing me off guard with his cheesy and cheeky lines.

"Can we don't play horror games tonight? I need to go to work tomorrow earlier than usual." I pleaded with him as he took me in his arms. His thumb gently caressed my lips and when he showed me his finger, I could feel myself flustered in embarrassment.

I'm such a messy eater...

"Depends on what compensation I would get." His lips adorned with a sly grin and I stood up from the seat. Walking towards him as he started backing off, the both of us eventually fell onto the bed when the back of his knees touched the foot of the bed.

"Ummph." He grunted when I fell on his chest and I giggled at his furrow brows as he tightened the embrace. The both of us fell silent as we basked in each other's warmth.

"P'Sing, what do you think about getting married?" I asked softly and I could feel the arms around me stiffened.

"It's been 3 years, P'Sing."

Yes, it's been more than 3 years since that fateful day.

"I know, for some people, 3 years were too short to know if they are the one to them. But for me, 3 years is more than enough for me to know that it's you and will always be you." I snuggled my nose onto his chest, inhaling his soothing scent. I am always serious about us. Every step I took was planned, including being the business manager in my father's company. I couldn't bear to make one small mistake just to lose him from my side.

But he was silent.

"You don't have to say anything, P'Sing. I was just rambling." I hid the disappointment in my throbbing heart. I could feel my tears nearly spilling as I rubbed my cheek affectionately on his brawny clothed-chest.

Knock. Knock.

I was quick to sit back up and walk to the door before it opened.

"Come on, kids. It's almost dinner time." Dad said with a smile and I sense the concern in his eyes.

I bet he saw my red-rimmed eyes.

"I'll go and help mom." I left the room without turning back to P'Sing and I heard him sigh.

It might isn't time yet.

For him.

.

.

.

I still spend some time streaming with P'Singto after dinner.

But I didn't stay long, saying my parents had a few things to discuss about the company's proposal and I wanted to listen in to learn more.

_______________________________________

Jack's POV

"What happened?" Mam whispered after he saw Kit come out of his room to the kitchen and he went back without saying anything.

He don't seem right

"I didn't mean to eavesdrop just now. But I'd heard Kit kinda proposed to Singto."

"Really? But shouldn't it be good news to him?" Mam leaned on my shoulder as she stared at the screen of her phone.

"The problem is Singto wasn't responding and I'd to call out for him. I didn't want him to stay too long in that situation."

"Oh my!" Mam instantly sat up and gazed at me, shocked.

"When he came out, he was obviously still crying and I know it wasn't Singto's fault either. Marriage isn't something easy to decide on. Let's just give them some time to themselves, okay?" I said to her as she nodded, glancing at Kit's door perturbedly.

Ring. Ring.

I looked at the ID on my phone before picking it up with a sigh.

"Hello?"

"I'm sorry for interrupting, uncle. I've a few things to discuss with you and Aunt Mam? Could we meet up this weekend?"

"Sure." Despite still feeling unsure, I agreed to the suggestion in the phone call.

I closed my eyes when I heard the silent sobs from his room.

Whatever it is, it must go well.

A/N:
A little drama but don't worry. Next update will be in a few days. Thanks for reading.