Chapter 5

Singto's POV
It's been more than a week since I met Krist and I've already seen his parents when they came back from a trip.

Flashback Starts

I was inserting my key when I heard the door next to my apartment click open. Thinking it was Krist, I immediately faced the door, smiling rather brightly. But what shocked me was when I saw a couple coming out, both in their late 40s.

"Oh, you're Singto, right? Kit has told us about you. Welcome to the neighbourhood." The lady said as both of them returned the smile.

"Yes, I'm Singto. Nice to meet you." I quickly recovered from my stupor after recalling the fact that Krist is living with his parents, I reached out my hand and they instantly took it in for a shake.

"Kit said you're living here alone. You can always come to us if you need help. I'm Jack and this is my spouse, Mam." Hearing him say that, I was wondering for a moment.

"Umm, excuse me but who is Kit?" I asked and heard both of them chuckle.

"Kit is Krist. It's his original name until his English teacher decided to help him change it a little."

"Oh, I see." I chuckled dryly, feeling a little embarrassed of the question.

"We'll be leaving first, Singto. See you next time."

"See you too, Khun Jack, Khun Mam."

"Drop the formalities, Singto. You can just call us uncle and aunty."

"Alright, Uncle Jack."

Flashback Ends

Thinking about Krist's original name, Kit is kinda cute.

Kitkit.

Hmmm...

Cute as him.

I proceeded with installing some of the equipment for my computer before leaving to the kitchen to grab a drink. Opening the fridge, all I saw was bottled drinks and some instant food products.

Well, I don't cook.

No, it's like I couldn't cook. I'm sure my house will be on fire if I try to. Hence, my fridge doesn't have much fresh groceries except for eggs.

I took one of the drinks by the door of the fridge, gulping it fast to quench my thirst. That's when I heard a loud 'thud' by the door.

I was hesitant for a moment before I walked to the door, peeking from the peephole.

I was stunned for a split second before I opened the door as lightly as I could, making sure the figure leaning on my door wouldn't fall over.

"Krist? Krist?" I tried to wake him up but he wasn't actually responding to me.

"Krist? Wake up." I started shaking him but he was still shutting his eyes and I knew he wasn't alright. I swiftly picked him up and carried him in my arms as I rushed to my car, driving the both of us to the hospital.

In the whole drive to the hospital, I was utterly confused and worried.

What happened to him?
_______________________________________

Krist's POV
My eyelids felt really heavy and my temples were throbbing but I still struggled to open my eyes as I felt the chilly air around me. I grunted softly when I finally managed to open my eyes, gazing at the unfamiliar porcelain white ceiling.

Where am I?

"Krist? You're awake?" I heard a soft soothing voice called out and turned slightly to the person sitting on a chair near the bed.

"P-P'Sing?" My mind was really muddled seeing Singto here.

"Yes, it's me. You're in the hospital right now." He said as he came closer to me and helped me to sit up while placing a pillow behind me.

"Huh?" I was dumbfounded by the fact,"But why?"

"You've fainted." He said as he placed a straw by my lips and I sipped on the glass of water.

"Thank you. But why did I..."

"The doctor said you've been too exhausted for the past few days as it seems like you're not getting enough rest. On top of that, you're not having your meals as you're supposed to and you were severely malnourished. Both of that leads you into fainting at my doorstep." His stern voice was making me feel anxious and I don't exactly know why.

"I'm sorry for troubling you."

"It's nothing, Krist." He was silent for a moment before he reluctantly spoke up again,"Are you... perhaps facing any trouble?"

"I'm not, P'. I was just busy with work. I haven't been resting at home for a week 'cause we need to rush on a proposal and that proposal can make a significant rise in profit for our company." I said, rubbing my tummy that was growling.

"But still, you shouldn't over-exhaust yourself." He muttered and pushed the over-bed table to me and took off the food cover,"Eat some congee first."

"But I don't wanna eat that. It tastes bland." I whined, feeling slightly embarrassed that he could hear my growling stomach.

"That's what you get for not taking care of yourself." He flicked on my forehead hard and I scrunched up my face while grumbling under my breath. He then reached out his hand and gently caressed the spot that was stinging. I could feel prickly heat around my ears as I averted my gaze.

"Eat, Krist." He urged and I unwillingly grabbed the spoon, scooping up a really small portion of the congee and pecking at it.

"It tastes bad." I muttered after finishing merely a bite and the next thing I knew, he stepped forward and sat by the bed, taking the bowl and spoon in his hands.

"Eat up." He coaxed as he scooped a spoonful of congee, placing it by my lips. I slowly opened my lips and ate it, munching on it as I tried to suppress my lips from curling upwards.

"It tastes better, does it?"

"Mmhmm."

A/N:
Hey guys, just wanna tell you that I've decided to only update on weekdays and about 2 to 3 chapters per week as I wanted to leave more time for myself. I've also added a fact about how Krist's name changed from Kit to his current one and about his mother's name, I'm not sure whether her name is really Mae. Please correct me if you know.
That's it from me, thanks for reading as always.
*I've already edited this chapter and used a different name for Krist's mother but please tell me her actual name if you know.