Chapter 38

3rd Person's POV
Creasing his brows, Singto frowned when he heard some of the coworkers walking by talking in hushed voices.

"I can't believe the CEO is gay and was now engaged to the business manager of the company's partner."

"I know, right? Do you think it's an arranged marriage? I've heard about many of those riches marrying for more beneficial contracts."

"Oh my, is it like those in the movies? Maybe that day was just a show to announce their engagement." Singto finally stopped in his tracks, his grip on his cup tightened when he heard the few secretaries continue, not noticing his presence right behind them.

"And our CEO is also Jinx! Jinx! One of the most famous game streamers this year." A younger secretary exclaimed but that earn a groan from the older secretary.

"Don't you think it's improper for him, the CEO to announce that he's Jinx? What would our company's partner think of? What if they decided to break off our contracts. We'll be losing a lot. It's too unprofessional of him to pull this stunt." The older lady rolled her eyes as she grabbed her cup and sipped on the tea that she just made.

Singto was at the edge of bursting in anger when he felt a soft hand on his shoulder. Turning, he saw his Kit smiling at him but his eyes were filled with worry.

Clearing his throat he heard the younger say," I believe it's against the company's rule to be gossiping around during office's hours and most importantly about the CEO."

The occupants of the pantry instantly paled when they heard his voice and could only bow their heads as they walked out back to their desks.

"Come on, P'Sing." Krist took a step closer to Singto, holding his hand as he led the two of them to the roof garden in the office. They stopped by the railing with Singto gently leaning against it.

'You okay, P'Sing?" Krist could sense that Singto wasn't feeling fine at all and he scooted closer, circling his waist, he placed his ear by his chest hearing the loud thumps.

"I know you're tired, P'Sing. But believe me, everything will be as usual soon. The announcements are new and it's normal for people to be talking about it." Singto's arms were around Krist as he tightened the hug, sighing in contentment when he sniffed a whiff of the scent of his fiancée.

"I'm not tired, Kit." Singto lowered his head and placed a kiss by his hair before whispering in his ear, "I just missed you."

"Hmmm." With his reddened ears, Krist could only hum in reply. Although it's been years since they were dating, everything still felt so fresh between them. His heart would quicken every time Singto told him he loves him and his heart would flutter when he's in his strong arms.

"It's a surprise you're here today."

"Yeah, I'm here to see if my fiancée is behaving well and if he's been eating well. Apparently, he wasn't listening to what I say." Krist pinched on Singto's waist and the older could only grimace in pain.

"Ouch, Kit. Don't be too hard on your fiancée, okay? It's your fault that I wasn't eating on time." Singto backed off a little and saw the younger raising an eyebrow.

"Care to explain why was it my fault?"

"Well... how could I eat when I'm missing you? It's your fault to leave me here for your damn business trip." Pouting, Singto blinked his eyes, trying to earn some pity from Krist. But what he only gets were punches on his shoulder.

"It's work, okay? Besides, we called every night."

"But it's still three days without you by my side." Inching closer, the sly CEO swiftly captured his fiancée back into his arms, taking him by surprise when he sealed his lips with a gentle and affectionate kiss.