Chapter 11

Krist's POV
I turned on my laptop when it's around 11am.

Is there any possibility that Jinx would actually remember his invitation and would even remember me?

It didn't take me long to finally enter the game and I looked at the list of friends online. As expected, Jinx wasn't online so I decided to wait for him awhile.

However after 15 minutes, he still wasn't there. I was feeling a little upset but as I'd thought, it was expected.

I was still contemplating whether I should just quit the game or play a match on my own when I abruptly received an invitation and I wasn't thinking as I instantly accepted it just to be greeted by the soft and modulated voice which I really adore.

"Hi, Kitkit." His tone sounded really cheerful and I couldn't stop myself from smiling. I cleared my throat before switching on the mic and greeted him and the other teammates.

"Good morning."

"Good morning as well, Kitkit. I'm the same guy from yesterday." I glanced at the ID and found out that he's Newwie. And I kinda could guess that he and the other guy, TTawan are boyfriends in real life with the way both of them flirting around with each other during the whole game.

"Let's start a match, okay?" Jinx chimed in when the other two started chattering away like yesterday and I was quite relieved.

Who wants to hear couples arguing over who is sleeping on which side of the bed when you're in the middle of a game? And most importantly they don't seem like they will stop soon.

"Okay, but that isn't the end of it." Newwie said and I could hear TTawan sighing defeatedly.

"Follow me guys, I'll be jumping this round." Jinx said again and I swiftly followed him as he marked a place on the map.

'Pochinki'

I'm so going to die. At a really fast rate in fact.

"Remember to watch out guys. I've seen a few enemies landing near us and they're faster to reach the ground than us." Jinx reminded us but I started to panic internally and unknowingly, I unfollowed him which brought about me to land with the parachute on my own.

"Kit, why did you unfollow?' Jinx was quick to find out that I'm not following them as I landed at the very far end of the town from them, in an empty space.

"I wasn't aware that I'd accidentally unfollowed you." I explained to him as I was rushing to a house nearby.

"It's okay, I'll get to you." I was looting in the building when I heard footsteps. I wasn't thinking much as I thought it was Jinx but when I heard the gunshots, I eventually realised that it wasn't him.

But the problem is I only found a 'Crowbar' and turned around just to see the opponent aiming me with a 'Mini 14'

And as predicted, I was immediately knocked out when I was still swinging my 'Crowbar' while running out of the building to hit him. A failed attempt to stay alive.

"What happened, Kit?" Newwie asked when he saw me getting knocked out.

"I only have a crowbar and there's an enemy behind the building. I'll try to get inside the house." I told them when I saw the enemy standing really close to me stopped shooting.

"I'll be there real quick!" Jinx exclaimed as I continued to crawl on the ground and the enemy was still following me really closely. I stopped in a corner, thinking I was safe when the enemy dashed to me all of a sudden, punching me with his fist.

'You were killed by Asr5502 with Fist.'

"Argh, this is so embarrassing!" I groaned in frustration thinking about these two days and it was really mortifying.

"It's alright, Kit." Jinx was consoling me as I spectated him and the others were far away from him, searching for supplies.

'Your teammate Jinx killed Asr5502 by headshot with Fist.'

I was surprised when I saw the notification.

"There, I've avenged your death so don't be perplexed by it, okay?"

Did I just grunt with my mic still on?

I was utterly shocked to learn that truth and that was way more abashing than getting killed by fist.

"T-thank you." I stuttered with a quiet tone and heard him chuckling.

"It's not a big deal but please do be more careful next time." I hummed in reply as I continued spectating him. From what I've seen, his game operation is really smooth and his aiming is bewildering. He managed to headshot 5 enemies within 10 minutes.

"Cool." I squinted my eyes when Jinx was aiming his 'Kar98k' with a '6x scope' and he killed the enemy hiding in the building with only one fire.

"I'll carry you in the next game." He said and I eagerly took his offer. It might seem like I'm really useless in the team but that's actually the fact and I wanted to increase my rank as well.

"Don't doubt your skills, okay?" His next sentence shook me a little. It was as if he could read my mind.

"I'm not good at playing actually."

"You are, just give yourself some time to get used to the controls." It was the truth that one of the reasons I'm bad at gaming is because I don't remember which key is to do which gesture.

"Thank you." I was really grateful that he's being so kind to me.

"Stop flirting with Kit, Jinx! There's a team hiding in that apartment!" TTawan was yelling as I soon saw the notification on him being knocked out.

"Where is he?"

"There's two on the third floor and two are running to a car and don't come for me, New is reviving me already."

"Okay, you and New get upstairs and I'll try baiting them. Throw a 'Frag Grenade' or a 'Molotov Cocktail' when they're really close to me."

"Let's go, New. I'll heal later." Then both Newwie and him ran to hide beside a window close by where the car of the opponents stopped.

"Keep an eye on those that are two in the apartment, New. I'll rush to them now." Jinx implied before running to the two enemies that exited the car.

'Your teammate Jinx knocked out CHicken&EgGs with M416.'

"Now, Tay!"

'Your teammate Jinx was knocked out by CHickenLovEr with QBZ.'

'Your teammate TTawan knocked out CHickenLovEr with Molotov Cocktail.'

"Finish them up before you revive me." Jinx said as his character crawled into the house, heading upstairs.

"Done. Do you need a 'Med Kit'?"

"It's alright, I've a 'First Aid Kit'."

'Your teammate Newwie was knocked out by CHickenFoRDinnEr with M24.'

"I'll heal him, Jinx."

"Okay, I'll go snipe him." With that he rushed downstairs again and hid by the wall next to the door. He adjusted his scope for a moment before he started shooting.

'Your teammate knocked out CHickenFoRDinnEr with Kar98k.'

"One more." I was feeling anxious as there's only 5 people alive in this match.

Bang!

'Your teammate Jinx killed CHickenFOrliFe with Kar98k.'

'Victory.'

"We won?!" I was flabbergasted looking at the victory sign.

"Yeah, we won."

"Oh my! This is my first time winning!" Did I again blurted out how incapable I am in this game?

"Really? Then let's play again next time, I'll help you to win, okay?"

Is it... another invitation?

A/N:
I hope this chapter isn't that boring and the IDs used aren't real.
Thanks for reading.