Chapter 9

A/N:
Hey guys, I used the PUBG pc version as reference for the game mentioned in this chapter. I was hesitant to choose between PUBG and CSGO but I chose the former because I played that more often than the latter.
I'd also included some terms used in PUBG and will be giving some simple explanations for easier understanding of this chapter (story). I'd googled some of the definitions.
1.Looting
This is the most basic term that you need to know, Looting is an activity carried out by the players to collect the items needed either in the places on the map or take from the enemy loot box after they are dead.
2.Compound
This term is used to refer to names of places of protection such as houses, buildings, trees, stones, and other places.
3.Knock out/down
This often spoken term has the meaning of being seriously injured as a result of an enemy attack. Players who get Knock[ed] Down/Out can continue the game if they have been successfully revived by their teammates.
4.Camper
This describes the method of playing in which the player chooses to play safe, hiding, and taking cover inside compounds.

Singto's POV
"Guys, a new teammate has joined us." I was looking at the IDs when I saw a new player joining us. My friends and I are playing a game currently and I'm also filming too. But it wasn't a live stream though, it'll only be posted on YouTube after editing.

"Oh, hello there... Kitkit, this is Newwie here." I heard one of my friends, New said.

"Umm... h-hello." The new teammate greeted and his voice sounded oddly familiar.

"Hey, I'm Jinx." I too introduced myself as I scrolled through the maps available in the game.

"Hi." His tone softened and I could sense a tinge of shyness.

"You don't have to be so nervous, we're just playing for fun." I tried to sedate him and heard the boy heave a sigh of relief.

"So, which map do you wanna play, Kitkit?" Tay asked and I heard the new teammate humming in hesitation.

"Anything will do actually and... you can just call me Kit." He answered as my other friends started to discuss  choosing the map and we decided on the basic one as we aren't sure of the new member's level of skill.

"Okay, I'll start the game now." I informed them before starting the match and they gave me a simple reply.

"Umm... Where are we going?" Kit questioned when our characters were on the plane ready to jump off and land somewhere before we started looting.

"We'll jump off at 'school'. Is it alright for you?" I said as I marked the spot on the map.

"I'm... fine with it."

"Great then... Remember to follow me, I'll be leading the team in jumping off the plane." I reminded him and soon saw him following me as my other friends followed suit.

After a little while, we had landed at 'school' and I was quick to find a gun as I heard gunshots from around us. Our team was all scattered around the compound but I guess they'll be fine.

"Oh no!"

Until I heard Kit shouting in his mic.

"What happened?!"

"I'd been knocked out!"

"Where are you and where are the enemies?"

"I'm just a floor below of you and the opponent is hiding in the building opposite of us."

"I'll be there in a minute and hide behind a wall or something." I quickly stopped looting and rushed downstairs to find him. He was crawling on the floor and was trying to get out of the room to hide behind a wall.