Chapter 3

Krist's POV
"Hey guys, just wanna say that I'm sorry for not being able to go on live stream for a week cause I'll be moving to my new house and there's lots of moving and unpacking to do."

It was a few days later that Jinx announced his absence for a week and I was quite saddened with that fact.

"I'll be back earlier if I can. Thanks for watching, bye." Even after the live stream was done, I was still staring at the screen.

Really?

When my employer will be absent for a week and I'll not be working overtime for that one whole week, Jinx decided not to do his live streaming. The only chance for me to fully watch his live stream is gone because there isn't anything to watch to begin with.

"Arghh!" I laid back on my bed, thinking about what my mom said this morning.

Flashback Starts

"Kit, do you know that there'll be a new neighbour moving into that vacant house beside our apartment?" Mom asked as she plated some scrambled eggs.

"Really? Is that why there's all this ruckus going on in the morning?" I bit on a piece of buttered toast and went to serve myself some hot chocolate.

"They're just renovating their house. Besides, they'll be done in a few more days I guess."

"Do you know who's the new neighbour?"

"We haven't actually seen the owner yet. So, no."

"It's alright then. Should we welcome them when they move in?"

And my dad and mom started talking excitedly about welcoming the new neighbour.

"I don't think that's necessary, mom, dad." I chimed in and they immediately retorted, talking about being polite and warm towards the new neighbour.

Well, since they're interested in doing that, I won't be stopping them but don't expect me to join them either.

Flashback Ends

I was startled and quickly sat up when someone knocked on the door. The door creaked open, revealing mom with a fruit bowl.

"Krist, your dad and I will be on a business trip for a week starting tomorrow." She said as she placed the bowl on the nightstand and I instantly grabbed the fork, began munching on the fruit while she sat beside me on the bed.

"So? I'm fine being alone at home, you know? Since it's not my first time."

"Well, can you do us a favour?"

"I guess so. What is it?"

"Our new neighbour will be arriving in about three days I've heard and we'll not be home at that time."

"So..."

"Help us welcome them, okay? We've prepared some gifts for them. Remember to bring it to their house when you visit them."

"But mom, I don't wanna do that." I was shocked to hear her words.

I always knew how awkward it'll be for me to welcome and meet new people. That's why I always avoid doing that. I'm fine where I am, not meeting new people isn't a big deal.

"Please, Kit. We'll bring you something from our business trip as compensation."

"Do you mean you're not gonna bring me something if I'm not helping you?"

"Come on, Kit. You know that we'll always buy something for you when we're on trips but please help us this time, can you?"

"Why can't you welcome them when you're back home?"

"First impressions, Kit. They might think that we're rude for not welcoming them on the first day of them moving in."

"Tsk, fine." I sighed heavily, and placed back the fork into the bowl,"I hate doing this."

"Thank you, Kit." My mom said as she suddenly leaned to me, pressing a kiss on my cheek.

"Mom!"

"What? I couldn't kiss my son?"

"No, it's just..." I averted my gaze and sulkily pouted my lips.

"Our baby is being sulky here."

"I'm not a baby, mom."

"Yes, you are and will always be our little son." She said, ruffling my hair before taking the bowl away and leaving my room.

"Love you, mom." I muttered under my breath as she chuckled at my reddened cheeks. I'm not used to being so affectionate with my parents and it's making me feel a little shy although they always love to hug me, kiss me and even tease me as I'm their only child. I would sometimes take the initiative to be affectionate but it's really rare for me to do that.

"Love you too, Kit."
_______________________________________

It's already Sunday, a few days since my parents went on their business trip and I haven't heard about the new neighbour yet. Maybe they aren't moving in this week, I hope so.

Click.

I was in the living room when I heard someone unlocking the door next door.

Shit. They're here?

"Come on, Krist. Should you go or should you not?"

"But mom already requested me to go."

"But I don't wanna go. It'll be awkward as hell."

I was on the couch for more than half an hour contemplating whether I should go visit them when I heard my doorbell ring.

"Hello? Is anybody home?"

I'd heard someone talking by the door and that voice sounded so familiar.

The doorbell rang again and I answered him without further ado.

"Coming!"

I quickly stumbled out of the couch and took a deep breath before opening the door.

"Hello." I was stunned for a moment as I stared at the person greeting me,"I'm new here and I'm Singto. Nice to meet you."

"Umm... Hi, I-I'm Krist. I... I live here." I stuttered while gaping at the man with a charming smile and tanned slightly muscly figure.

"Yes, I do know you live here." His smile turned even brighter and his eyes formed beautiful crescents.

"Umm... Where do you live?"

What did you just ask, Kit?!!

"I'm your new neighbour so I'm living next door." He chuckled and showed the well-wrapped gift in his hands,"So, can I come in?"

"S-sure." I stood to the side and let out a path as he took off his shoes before entering.

"Here's a gift for you."

"But why?"

"It's nothing much actually. I just thought that it's polite to bring something to my neighbours when I visit them for the first time." I took the gift from him and went to place it by the side, taking out the gift that my mom prepared before going back to him.

"Thanks and it should be us giving you a welcome gift. This is from my family." I said, thrusting the bag into his hands and he was seemingly surprised.

"Thank you as well. You live here with your family?" I led him to sit on the couch and blushed a little looking at the mess I'd made in the living room. The scattered food wrappings and pizza boxes.

Embarrassing.

"Yes, with my mom and dad." I swiftly tidied up the place a little before letting him sit on the couch.

"Well, I'm living alone."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

And awkwardness began to fill the air as I stared at the coffee table, feeling his intense gaze on me.

Oh gosh, how long will this last...

A/N:
Thanks for reading.