Chapter 35

Krist's POV
"Kit, you ready?" I knotted my tie and looked away from the mirror. The man calling out to me was standing by the door. Mustering a smile, I nodded to him. He came forward and gently pulled me into his arms.

It'd been a few weeks since that awful day and I'm not even willing to  reminisce about it. I understand that he's not ready but that doesn't mean I won't feel down because of it. I've always thought we're on the same pace in this relationship after all.

"I need my energy booster." He muttered while nuzzling his nose on the crook of my neck. His warm breath was ticklish and I giggled trying to push his face away.

"Don't move, Kit. I just need you." He said again and I felt his words were kinda strange.

"I'm always here for you, P'Sing. Whenever, wherever." I patted his back gently as he sighed out heavily. I looked at the door which was ajar and saw a few pairs of eyes staring in. Realising it was P'Sing's friends and mine, I became flustered when they were watching us teasingly.

"Ahem." I instantly nudged P'Singto away when dad was in my sight.

"Dad, mom." I looked at them and they simply nodded.

"You're ready, son? This will be the first press conference with you attending as the business manager and the person-in-charge of the new product launch. Although our company has often collaborated with the Ruangroj enterprise in developing and launching new products, this is still one of the greatest events and I'm proud of your achievement, son." Dad said with a smile as he patted my shoulder and mom gently cuddled me.

"We'll be starting the press conference in 5 minutes, so please be ready." My assistant came in and I followed her along with P'Singto to the backstage after bidding my parents and our friends. Taking the bottle of water from P'Sing, I mouthed him a 'thanks' and took a few gulps. He'd spontaneously taken the bottle from my hold and drank it too.

"Don't be so nervous, Kit. You'll do great." He hugged me and patted my back encouragingly, covertly placing a kiss on the side of my neck.

"You'll do great, so don't worry." He released me and caressed my cheek with his thumb.

"You too, P'Sing." I grinned at him and he nodded.

"Sir." P'Lee, the business manager of the Ruangroj enterprise came to the both of us. He was actually the same P'Lee that had once joined P'Singto and me in one of the multiplayer games before P'Sing and I were even couples.

"I'll see you later on the stage." He said to me and followed after P'Lee and I was left with my secretary.

"Mook, are there any preparations that are left to be done." I asked her as she started scrolling down her tablet.

"No, sir. Everything is done and the press conference will begin in 3 minutes."

"Okay, let's go." I straightened my suit and grabbed the script I'd prepared with me in my pocket. The moment I walked up the stage, the flashing lights from the cameras were blinding and I could feel myself getting dizzier every second. All eyes are on us, on me and I started feeling suffocated as I faintly heaved for air.

"Relax, Kit. I'm here." My attention was caught by P'Singto and the moment I looked into his eyes, I could sense the concern in it.

"I'm o-okay." I tried to assure him despite my trembling voice and he just gave me a small smile.

"Let's begin, shall we?" P'Singto adjusted the microphone in front of him as he said and gestured to everyone to take a seat. I swiftly followed suit and tried to inch closer to P'Singto who was sitting right beside me.